Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone nervous about living away !

ReputationRep:
    Nervous as well as excited, I can't wait to have my own independence and be able to do what I want, however I'm quite nervous about being so far away from home and not having my parents at home if I need anything, or if any *******s arise at home and I'm unable to get there.

I'm also a bit nervous about covering my own costs, it seems quite scary going from living at home and not having to worry about rent or food shopping, to everything completely changing and having to fend for myself. I guess the benefit is I'll be prepared quicker than others who aren't going to university, or staying in university accommodation for moving out and getting my own place in the future.

But yeah, long story short I'm a mixture of nervous and excited.

ReputationRep:
    I think i am mostly excited about the whole thing. I am slightly concerned about my Mother though, I keep getting random things off her that she wants me to take to Worcester, the other day for example i was given a measuring cup and a tea towel.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cranksss)
    I think i am mostly excited about the whole thing. I am slightly concerned about my Mother though, I keep getting random things off her that she wants me to take to Worcester, the other day for example i was given a measuring cup and a tea towel.
    Take all you can and make sure they do you a big shop of stuff that'll last. After that, you're on your own so make the most!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Take all you can and make sure they do you a big shop of stuff that'll last. After that, you're on your own so make the most!
    Yeah done a big shop for other kitchen stuff today. Its all becoming real now haha.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Yeah done a big shop for other kitchen stuff today. Its all becoming real now haha.
    Make sure you let them go for a big food shop with you. I missed out on this for two years.

Just FYI - If you're in City Campus/halls then go to Asda as it's in town (lol i work there)... If you're in St Johns the nearest supermarket is Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    Asda it is!

Been studying google maps the last few days to make sure i know the location of most things. Also Never considered letting them buy food for me. haha

ReputationRep:
    Nervous to go to uni? not nervous but it's going to be a weird feeling knowing I'll be 6 hours from parents. I lived on my own for a few months so I sort of have some experience with being away from family. Definitely not a family person and more friend orientated so I don't think I'll be homesick or miss them that much. I've been putting together a list of things I'll need but because the parents are driving me up to uni, I'll just ponce of them for some things as their 'baby boy' is going to uni... haha.

You'll make decent mates wherever you go and some of them you will just gel so well with you'll think each other as family.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Asda it is!

Been studying google maps the last few days to make sure i know the location of most things. Also Never considered letting them buy food for me. haha
    Get a parent/student shopping card too. This means that they can top up using the parent card and you can use it in-store for shopping. Might help if things get tight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Get a parent/student shopping card too. This means that they can top up using the parent card and you can use it in-store for shopping. Might help if things get tight.
    Hmm not a bad idea at all! Thanks for the help.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Asda it is!

Be aware that when you're driving around it when you arrive - it's completely ****ed up. Loads of unnecessary traffic lights and one way streets.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more worried about being broke as hell through all of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skratch My Itch)
    I'm more worried about being broke as hell through all of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome to life. We've run out of returns, so can only do a one way ticket. Sorry.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.