Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have just graduated from Swansea Uni with a 2.1 in Welsh Language and Linguistics and my experience was so good that I have decided to stay on to do my Masters in Professional Translation here also. Ideally, I would have moved to somewhere else in the UK for my MA (which I didn't even plan on doing to be honest as I thought masters were for people who didn't know what they wanted to do in life) but the teaching was so top form in Swansea that I am staying put for the next year and having a masters means extra money and a better chance of getting employed, while more and more people are getting 2.1s in their degrees.

I lived at home whilst doing my undergrad and to those wondering, yes, it is possible to work and stay on top of your uni work as I used to work on average about 20 hours a week part-time as well as studying at uni full time.

Also, for other potential students who are coming to Swansea in September, halls of residence are roughly £450 a month (usually where people go in the first year and bills are included) and private rented accomodation, with bills is around £300 a month with people sharing.

I'm looking to move out in September and just wondering if any other students are in a similar situation and would be interested in doing a house share in the Brynmill/Uplands area? (preferably final year/masters students)

Good luck with your results everyone and congrats to those who have already graduated also.

Cheers,
    Chris
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

If you want to get your accommodation sorted today check out our brand new halls - St Davids Swansea - www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/swansea we are already inundated with lots of Swansea students and have a direct bus straight to the Singleton campus from outside our front door! We are situated in the middle of town within minutes of Wind Street, restaurants, shops, cinema and bowling centres.

We have our own busy social calendar and the best deals and discounts with local businesses exclusively for St Davids Students.

Check out our pages www.Facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea and www.Twitter.com/StDavidsSwansea to see recent pictures of the brand new accommodation and events in our quirky social space.

Many Thanks,
    Katie @ Fresh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.