Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I am a first year Children's Nursing student looking for accommodation for September.

I am looking for somewhere in the private sector, preferably an informal sort of affair (i.e. no agencies or 12 month contracts) to share with people of a similar age (25) or older and similar interests (cooking, reading, adventures, wine etc) in a nice friendly houseshare within walking/bussing/cycling distance of Kingston Hill. I am told I am a joy to live with, honestly, and I make excellent tea. Still working on the coffee.

If anyone has a room that sounds like it might suit then please do get in touch!

Amy

ReputationRep:
    Hey Amy,
    Unfortunatelly, I don't think you will find rooms without a contract for fixed amount of time.
    I am just renting a 3 bedroom flat now in Cambridge road - quite close to Kingston Hill Campus. We are looking for 3rd person to join us.
    We are both 2nd year students, one studying Accounting and Finance, one Law.
    I am writing back because you wrote about wine, we love it ;-) We used to try different one every friday. As well we love traveling.
    The room has double bed and a warderobe in it, is not HUGE, but big enough :-) THe rent is 460 excluding bills. Flat has as well brand new kitchen and very looking modern bathroom, so everything has very high standards.
    Text me if you are interester, my No 07462224322
    I can send you some pics etc
    However, even though we rend this property form the landlord, not a agency, there is 700 deposit and contract till 7.08.2014. If you want to move out ealier, you simply need to find someone on your place (you have cotnract even in halls like that!).
    Anyway, if something, call/text me ;-)
    Kasia

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for your reply Kasia!

Unfortunately I think that is a bit too much out of my budget… with the uni hours I will be doing it will be very hard to have a job alongside studies.

I have found quite a few with short term tenancies but as I am moving from Cornwall it is so hard for me to come up and view places, which understandably puts people off!

Thankyou anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymjames)
    Hi there!

I am a first year Children's Nursing student looking for accommodation for September.

I am looking for somewhere in the private sector, preferably an informal sort of affair (i.e. no agencies or 12 month contracts) to share with people of a similar age (25) or older and similar interests (cooking, reading, adventures, wine etc) in a nice friendly houseshare within walking/bussing/cycling distance of Kingston Hill. I am told I am a joy to live with, honestly, and I make excellent tea. Still working on the coffee.

If anyone has a room that sounds like it might suit then please do get in touch!

Amy
    Hi Amy. Im a nurse from Portugal and i'll be working in Kingston Hospital from 25th of September and i search for a room/flat/studio with the same conditions that you refered. It would be nice to contact you or maybe live with you... What do you say?

Thank you*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.