Abdo332
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey guys. I'm an international student from Syria whose going to take his A Levels this year. I am going to take three fast track A Levels as that's how our school organizes it. I'll be doing Maths,Economics and History. My question is will I be able to cope with self studying history? I'm taking both AS & A2 in May/June. How hard will it be? I love history and do not mind all the reading and memorizing..the only thing nagging at me is the essay technique. I'm not particularly great at writing essays and the A Level essays I've read so far have been so fantastic that I've been thoroughly convinced I won't be able to do it. Is it THAT hard? My goal is to achieve at least a B. Any advice would be helpful. PS: I'd have all the books that I need however I won't have any teacher to guide me and assign/mark essays :l
carrrot123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it would be quite difficult to self teach history! I did my AS this year and honestly we had quite a lot of help with essay techniques because they are quite hard to write, especially at the beginning. also you would surely benefit more from a teacher's input/feedback on your work? or there may be sites online you could use for this, not sure. Best of luck
BC95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I feel as though I taught myself history A-Level. I recommend you spend the first few months on learning the content and the important events. Have a clear idea of what happens when. Then spend much time on essay technique. A lot of marks can be gained by simply having good essay technique.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (392)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (301)
43.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise