Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give all the studies we have to learn for GCSE psychology (AQA)
    For all the units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loyale)
    Could anyone give all the studies we have to learn for GCSE psychology (AQA)
    For all the units?
    The Course is split into two units: 1) Making sense of other people 2) Understanding other people. Unit 1 covers the following topics: 1. Memory 2. Non-Verbal Communication 3. Development of Personality 4. Stereotyping, Prejudice & Discrimination 5. Research Methods. Unit 2 covers : 6. Learning 7. Social Influence 8. Sex & Gender 9. Aggression. To look at what your actually learn within these units click this: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ubject-content.

You probably won't necessarily study those topics in that order, e.g. I still have to study Development of Personality & Sex & Gender when I go into yr.11 in September.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but do you know list of studies the exam could ask for?
    e.g Memory, craik and tulving and all that jazz...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but do you know list of studies the exam could ask for?
    e.g Memory, craik and tulving and all that jazz...
    Obviously every exam paper is different so some years, e.g. Study A will be omitted in favour of Study B depending on the question being asked, but an example of a question asked in my mock was: "Describe and evaluate one psychological study where obedience was investigated"(I chose Milgrim 1963), for these sort of questions ( which are the big mark questions) you can choose whatever study you want to write about because you learn about several relating to the question being asked.

The remaining questions in the exam are tick-boxes, writing the definitions of certain terms & brief explanations, but not really asking about specific studies, however this link :http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ning-resources includes everything your be expected to complete over the two years. To look at past papers click here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes

Have you started your GCSEs yet? Because are you just wondering what the course will be like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subs-man)
    Obviously every exam paper is different so some years, e.g. Study A will be omitted in favour of Study B depending on the question being asked, but an example of a question asked in my mock was: "Describe and evaluate one psychological study where obedience was investigated"(I chose Milgrim 1963), for these sort of questions ( which are the big mark questions) you can choose whatever study you want to write about because you learn about several relating to the question being asked.

The remaining questions in the exam are tick-boxes, writing the definitions of certain terms & brief explanations, but not really asking about specific studies, however this link :http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ning-resources includes everything your be expected to complete over the two years. To look at past papers click here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...d-mark-schemes

Have you started your GCSEs yet? Because are you just wondering what the course will be like?
    Yeah, I've started the course and finished unit 1 but I looked at the 2013 papers and they've kinda got more difficult....anyways thank you, you've saved me a lot of research...

ReputationRep:
    Have you done the course because you seem pretty good at knowing the subject content

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've started the course and finished unit 1 but I looked at the 2013 papers and they've kinda got more difficult....anyways thank you, you've saved me a lot of research...
    Have you done the course because you seem pretty good at knowing the subject content
    No Worries i'm glad I could help even if it was a little. I've completed half the course but we studied topics in a random order so I still have two left to study in year 11, I just researched the specification & it gave me & you everything we need to know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.