The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by croberts97
Thinking of applying to Canterbury Christ Church Uni.
What's it like?
How quick can you get back to East London from CCCU?
Whats the accommodation like and whats the closest to Canterbury East station?
Whats student life like? :smile:

Hi, i've moved this to the sub-forum for the uni for you from the welcome lounge. :h:
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
What's it like?

CCCU is a good uni there is a beautiful cathedral inside canterbury town centre, pubs and lots of high street shops including a new primark. Everything is within walking distance from campus, town, accommodation all 5 - 20 minutes away.

The closest accomodation near Canterbury East is Pin Hill which is just right next to a nightclub. It can be noisy if you live in pin hill but it is cheap and close to campus. The student life is decent there are several nightclubs most popular ones are club chemistry and Cuban. If you like house music then you'll enjoy both.
Reply 3
Original post by Black Cat
CCCU is a good uni there is a beautiful cathedral inside canterbury town centre, pubs and lots of high street shops including a new primark. Everything is within walking distance from campus, town, accommodation all 5 - 20 minutes away.

The closest accomodation near Canterbury East is Pin Hill which is just right next to a nightclub. It can be noisy if you live in pin hill but it is cheap and close to campus. The student life is decent there are several nightclubs most popular ones are club chemistry and Cuban. If you like house music then you'll enjoy both.

Thanks! Any info on the North Holmes Campus??
Thanks! Any info on the North Holmes Campus??

North holmes is right inside campus many students live there you share bathrooms rent is cheaper and you can easily bring food/drinks with you to lectures.
Reply 5
Original post by Black Cat
North holmes is right inside campus many students live there you share bathrooms rent is cheaper and you can easily bring food/drinks with you to lectures.

Awesome! Sorry to be a pest (lol) but what's Freshers week like?? :smile:
What's it like?

Hey when are u applying there I'm applying this September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! Sorry to be a pest (lol) but what's Freshers week like?? :smile:

We have theme nights every year during freshers week it is great you meet tons of people, we went round many places there was a lot of stuff going on in the SU. It was amazing there were about 15 of us getting ready for a night out during freshers we all wore wheres wally shirts and hats it was fun.

Send me a pm much easier to talk to you on there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by prudence290497
Hey when are u applying there I'm applying this September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Me too. :smile:
Yeah! Me too. :smile:

My friend just left CCCU to move to Heriot Watt university because the teaching was awful, the course was terrible and apparently the town is quite rough too. I've not heard good things about CCCU
Reply 10
Original post by Calllu-m
My friend just left CCCU to move to Heriot Watt university because the teaching was awful, the course was terrible and apparently the town is quite rough too. I've not heard good things about CCCU

Seriously!? :s-smilie: What course did they study?
Reply 11

Rough, really? It's the second safest city for students :redface:
Seriously!? :s-smilie: What course did they study?

Psychology or something I think.

Original post by tk1993
Rough, really? It's the second safest city for students :redface:

The part she was in seemed rough. And where do you get that stat? I'd imagine places like warwick keele or St. Andrews would be safer based on size
Reply 13
The part she was in seemed rough. And where do you get that stat? I'd imagine places like warwick keele or St. Andrews would be safer based on size

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/preparing-to-go/staying-safe-and-secure/how-safe-is-your-city/
Reply 14
What's it like?

Bump
What's it like?

Horrendous University. Go literally anywhere else
Worst mistake I ever made to study at CCCU. Poor course, bullying and discrimination, experienced retaliation for raising concerns. Got amazing grades but left half way through the year anyway, it was that bad. Other students on course dropping like flies.
What's it like?

Hateful place. Worst time of my life. Will never get it back. Would study literally anywhere else if I could make my choice again.

Latest