Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying to Canterbury Christ Church Uni.
    What's it like?
    How quick can you get back to East London from CCCU?
    Whats the accommodation like and whats the closest to Canterbury East station?
    Whats student life like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by croberts97)
    What's it like?
    Whats student life like?

Hi, i've moved this to the sub-forum for the uni for you from the welcome lounge.

ReputationRep:
    What's it like?
    Whats student life like?
    CCCU is a good uni there is a beautiful cathedral inside canterbury town centre, pubs and lots of high street shops including a new primark. Everything is within walking distance from campus, town, accommodation all 5 - 20 minutes away.

The closest accomodation near Canterbury East is Pin Hill which is just right next to a nightclub. It can be noisy if you live in pin hill but it is cheap and close to campus. The student life is decent there are several nightclubs most popular ones are club chemistry and Cuban. If you like house music then you'll enjoy both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    CCCU is a good uni there is a beautiful cathedral inside canterbury town centre, pubs and lots of high street shops including a new primark. Everything is within walking distance from campus, town, accommodation all 5 - 20 minutes away.

The closest accomodation near Canterbury East is Pin Hill which is just right next to a nightclub. It can be noisy if you live in pin hill but it is cheap and close to campus. The student life is decent there are several nightclubs most popular ones are club chemistry and Cuban. If you like house music then you'll enjoy both.
    Thanks! Any info on the North Holmes Campus??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Any info on the North Holmes Campus??
    North holmes is right inside campus many students live there you share bathrooms rent is cheaper and you can easily bring food/drinks with you to lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    North holmes is right inside campus many students live there you share bathrooms rent is cheaper and you can easily bring food/drinks with you to lectures.
    Awesome! Sorry to be a pest (lol) but what's Freshers week like??

ReputationRep:
    What's it like?
    Whats student life like?
    Hey when are u applying there I'm applying this September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Sorry to be a pest (lol) but what's Freshers week like??
    We have theme nights every year during freshers week it is great you meet tons of people, we went round many places there was a lot of stuff going on in the SU. It was amazing there were about 15 of us getting ready for a night out during freshers we all wore wheres wally shirts and hats it was fun.

Send me a pm much easier to talk to you on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prudence290497)
    Hey when are u applying there I'm applying this September

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! Me too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Me too.
    My friend just left CCCU to move to Heriot Watt university because the teaching was awful, the course was terrible and apparently the town is quite rough too. I've not heard good things about CCCU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calllu-m)
    My friend just left CCCU to move to Heriot Watt university because the teaching was awful, the course was terrible and apparently the town is quite rough too. I've not heard good things about CCCU
    Seriously!? What course did they study?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Rough, really? It's the second safest city for students

ReputationRep:
    Seriously!? What course did they study?
    Psychology or something I think.

(Original post by tk1993)
    Rough, really? It's the second safest city for students
    The part she was in seemed rough. And where do you get that stat? I'd imagine places like warwick keele or St. Andrews would be safer based on size
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The part she was in seemed rough. And where do you get that stat? I'd imagine places like warwick keele or St. Andrews would be safer based on size
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...-is-your-city/

ReputationRep:
    What about racism in Canterbury? I've experienced a lot where I live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.