Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Automatic lessons: Can I pass in 4 weeks? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if it's feasible that I can pass my test within 4-5 weeks if I do an "intensive course" - perhaps 2 lessons a week. I spoke to a local driving instructor who laughed and said it's highly unlikely that I'll get that far within 4-5 weeks. But I've read anecdotes of people passing with just 10 hours, how do they manage to pass?

ReputationRep:
    2 lessons a week is not intensive. And I do not know why the instructor laughed. Spreading 24 hours over 6 months doesn't make you a better driver. Do a lesson a day 7 days a week. Or double lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe 10 hours of lessons but hours of driving with parents. I took 12 hours when learning to drive but a good 30+ hours driving with my dad ( who drives for a living ) some people wait over 4 weeks just for their test slot (it seems)

*edit* my bad didn't see the automatic part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Driving an automatic is easy. I had two lessons with an instructor and five practice sessions with a friend and passed first time. In fact the instructor said I was ready just after those two but I wanted to make sure. Passing in four weeks is definitely possible, don't worry about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysalvation)
    I'm wondering if it's feasible that I can pass my test within 4-5 weeks if I do an "intensive course" - perhaps 2 lessons a week. I spoke to a local driving instructor who laughed and said it's highly unlikely that I'll get that far within 4-5 weeks. But I've read anecdotes of people passing with just 10 hours, how do they manage to pass?
    Unless those lessons happen to be 2-3 hours long I suppose else it is hardly intensive.

For every hour you have with a driving instructor you should have 2-5 hours of driving on your own with a parent if you want to pass in 5 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I started and passed within two weeks. I was desperate to drive and got lucky with a test date.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.