Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Road Rage. Why do some drivers go to extremes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Before I get any hate, I am a driver myself.

Although I am very young, I don't drive dangerously or to show off. I know speeding kills so I stay within speed limits and I am a defensive driver.

Recently, I was driving and there were two cars in front of me. The car in front of me beeped at the car in front of that due to it not moving at green. The driver and his passenger got out of the vehicle and went to the vehicle behind to ask what the problem was. It may have turned nasty, and unlike a lot of people in this country who stand back and watch, I got out of the car and dealt with the situation. The driver who didn't move at the lights told me that he was having problems and couldn't concentrate properly. I told him that there is no point getting angry and aggressive over this. Hey - I get beeped sometimes but don't take it personally.

Even last time in London, my dad was driving his car, and some very dangerous driver was weaving in and out of traffic and we nearly collided into him because he changed lanes last minute. We were really annoyed, but then minutes later, the same driver did it to a van - and the driver of that van got out with a hammer and went to smash the car - but the driver sped off.

At the end of the day, I was taught not to get aggressive behind the wheel. Driving behind the wheel is a risk that you and I are taking... these are heavy machines that can be deadly.

ReputationRep:
    I know,they are just moronic. You know,i drive all day and i cant even remember the last time i used my horn. It practically never gets beeped in between MOTs and why? because i am not a moron and i dont have anything to prove. I just tootle along and let all the morons drive around me.

The last thing anyone should do is make aggressive gestures or noises to another person and definitely dont get out of your car to someone or it could end in tears.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-tonne-3892385

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/apr/08/nickhopkins

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.