Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What sport clubs will you be joining at uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just interested what everyone is looking to join sports-wise...

I'm up for swimming so I can learn probably cycling too.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I am signing up for football, maybe cricket or golf. Most of the societies I join will be nerdy though

ReputationRep:
    Mountaineering yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

I'm also really hoping they have a pole dancing club. I'm only 5% joking.

ReputationRep:
    Basketball

ReputationRep:
    American football!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    karate

ReputationRep:
    Horse riding 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe badminton..

ReputationRep:
    If I join any sports it will be swimming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    probably rugby or american football

ReputationRep:
    Martial arts probs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about basketball because I played for the team in high school. I'm just worried that there will be people there that take it really seriously when I just want to have a bit of fun.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I did Water Polo - that was awesome!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I did martial arts, a lot of fun I must say :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get back into football, even though I'm horrifically bad at it, and I really want to join the Skiing/Snowboarding society

ReputationRep:
    i wholeheartedly recommend everyone try at least 3 sports they have never tried before, the more obscure the sport, the better.

Every boring ****er joins the football club, gets dumped into the 7th team where no-one knows their name or gives a **** about coaching them. You're just sheep to be fleeced for cash.

Join a decent sports club instead. Something with only one team where the exec committee will actually take the effort to integrate you into the squad and give you top notch coaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetrickyfox)
    Mountaineering yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

I'm also really hoping they have a pole dancing club. I'm only 5% joking.
    Our uni had a pole dancing society, some of them earned quite good money down the strip club once they got good at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    i wholeheartedly recommend everyone try at least 3 sports they have never tried before, the more obscure the sport, the better.

Every boring ****er joins the football club, gets dumped into the 7th team where no-one knows their name or gives a **** about coaching them. You're just sheep to be fleeced for cash.

Join a decent sports club instead. Something with only one team where the exec committee will actually take the effort to integrate you into the squad and give you top notch coaching.
    I was thinking of joining swimming club(need to learn) and cycling(again to learn) and athletics.

I have glasses and don't want contacts so I'm restricted in the sports I can do

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll get back into rugby, maybe athletics who knows

(Original post by OnionRing)
    I have glasses and don't want contacts so I'm restricted in the sports I can do
    I've worn glasses playing most sports apart from like rugby, I don't see the problem? I even wear my glasses playing things like dodgeball and it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    Think I'll get back into rugby, maybe athletics who knows

I've worn glasses playing most sports apart from like rugby, I don't see the problem? I even wear my glasses playing things like dodgeball and it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok I'm not usually big on sports so I didn't know glasses were ok!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.