The Student Room Group

what career to opt.?

I enjoy biology and chemistry and always wanted to become a doctor. but because of long term study and difficult entry levels has put me under a thought to change my career option. which other careers do you guys think would be interesting as well as has great work opportunities with high salary?
Original post by richatripathi
I enjoy biology and chemistry and always wanted to become a doctor. but because of long term study and difficult entry levels has put me under a thought to change my career option. which other careers do you guys think would be interesting as well as has great work opportunities with high salary?

So basically...you want an easy job with a high salary and minimal competition? Don't ask for much do you?

Either you can do something fairly laid back and easy to get into which probably won't pay heaps, or you can put the work in and make more money in the long run. Or you can win the lottery or invent the next Facebook, but that's pretty unlikely.

Also, I like how you've "always" wanted to be a doctor, but you've only just twigged that med school is long and hard to get into.
Well there are lots of other jobs within healthcare - nursing (various types), pharmacist, physiotherapist, psychologist, positions in the labs, lots of others...

Or there are the thousands and thousands of non-healthcare jobs out there which we couldn't possibly begin to whittle down for you with no information to go on.
If you can't be a doctor but you want high salary and great work opportunities, I suggest going for a non-healthcare job.

Quick Reply

Latest