Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did you become TRULY independent? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It occurred to me recently that I only truly became independent a couple of years ago (at the age of 22), even though I felt like I was being independent before then I realise I relied on someone at all times (for one thing or another whether it be financial, security etc) and I used to be afraid of being alone/doing things on my own. But since then I've decided to move to Brighton and start a whole new life, got a job and I am not afraid to do things on my own any more (even walking alone at night), I even decided on my own that I was going to do my masters, funded it all by myself and I travel to a completely different city for it (which is something I would've been afraid to do a few years ago). And now I'm learning to drive and feel no fear at all (again, I would've had no confidence in my capability of doing this a couple of years ago). It's crazy how much my life has changed in the last couple of years, and it's awesome how liberating it feels to be a truly independent woman! I just wish I became independent sooner

ReputationRep:
    24th August 2007.

The north remembers.

:moon:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Most likely from September onwards when I live out at uni for the first time.

It hasn't happened yet, I'm as dependent as you could possibly be.

ReputationRep:
      When I was 17. Although after my 19th birthday I also had to become responsible for my younger brothers, as they became parentless.

ReputationRep:
      Still working on it.

ReputationRep:
      tbc

ReputationRep:
      I'm not. And I do not want to ever be
      • Study Helper
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      The independance of 8472
      Summer 2017

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
      I'm not. And I do not want to ever be
      Haha why is that?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sazzy890)
      Haha why is that?
      I prefer having people around me and helping me. My personality is that I do better with someone organising/helping than being able to do everything independently

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.