Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I had my first kiss with a stranger at a club, and now wondering if I'm into boys Watch

I am a 20-year-old girl who has been unsuccessful with relationships. I've had a few crushes but was too afraid to act on them. I cannot help feeling jelly towards my friends in relationships. I even wondered if I am lesbian at one point (still kind of do) because of this.

Anyways, yesterday I went out clubbing with a couple of friends, first it was just dancing and having fun but as the night progressed (so did the alcohol intake) I decided to get close to a single guy in the club who was also looking for a girl. He wasn't so attractive tbh, but I liked him enough to let him dance close with me. Then I had a sudden impulse to kiss him, because I wanted to find out if I would be attracted to him after kissing (sound cheap I know). I didn't get much from kissing on the lips, but I was aroused when he went on to kiss my neck. This went on for a few minutes, then he left. Even though I enjoyed the moment when it happened, after that all I was thinking was "Gosh he was so sweaty, he should have taken a mint before, maybe he was even over 30?! Wtf have I done?!"

I'm still feeling guilty because I gave my first kiss to a complete stranger, but even more so because I wasn't really attracted to him. But my main question is this (really weird I know): Could this signal that I'm not into boys in general? Would I still be aroused when he kissed my neck if I were a lesbian?

Thanks to those taking their time to read all of it and answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 20-year-old girl who has been unsuccessful with relationships. I've had a few crushes but was too afraid to act on them. I cannot help feeling jelly towards my friends in relationships. I even wondered if I am lesbian at one point (still kind of do) because of this.

Anyways, yesterday I went out clubbing with a couple of friends, first it was just dancing and having fun but as the night progressed (so did the alcohol intake) I decided to get close to a single guy in the club who was also looking for a girl. He wasn't so attractive tbh, but I liked him enough to let him dance close with me. Then I had a sudden impulse to kiss him, because I wanted to find out if I would be attracted to him after kissing (sound cheap I know). I didn't get much from kissing on the lips, but I was aroused when he went on to kiss my neck. This went on for a few minutes, then he left. Even though I enjoyed the moment when it happened, after that all I was thinking was "Gosh he was so sweaty, he should have taken a mint before, maybe he was even over 30?! Wtf have I done?!"

I'm still feeling guilty because I gave my first kiss to a complete stranger, but even more so because I wasn't really attracted to him. But my main question is this (really weird I know): Could this signal that I'm not into boys in general? Would I still be aroused when he kissed my neck if I were a lesbian?

Posssible, but I wouldn't say probable. The fact you didn't enjoy one kiss with one guy who you weren't really attracted to doesn't really indicate you aren't attracted to men in general.

I wouldn't get caught up in trying to define your sexuality, just give anyone you're attracted to a chance, but don't feel pressured to define yourself as gay or anything, just see how things go.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure you can read much in to this. No harm done anyway. If you can find someone you fancy to go on a date with and kiss it will be a better test.

ReputationRep:

I think the fact that you weren't attracted to the guy made the kiss seem off? But that doesn't mean you're not attracted to men you simply didn't like let alone know the person you kissed. Don't worry about it Do you feel attracted to girls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by MissB26)
    I think the fact that you weren't attracted to the guy made the kiss seem off? But that doesn't mean you're not attracted to men you simply didn't like let alone know the person you kissed. Don't worry about it Do you feel attracted to girls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure if I'm attracted to girls either... I'm bicurious and may try this with a girl in future. I tend to fancy beautiful girls (with guilt), but I have the same kind of feeling towards handsome boys too, so I probably cannot tell without actually trying to kiss a girl lol

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who was kissed by a sweaty guy with bad breath would be put off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you can decide based on this one experience OP. In that situation, it could've been that you weren't attracted to him or any of the things you mentioned.

My first kiss was also with a guy in a club and it was terrible. I think I found him attractive at the time (although I see him now and I'm not sure why...), but we were both drunk, it was about a thousand degrees in there and he strongly resembled a washing machine. So basically, I definitely didn't enjoy it, but it didn't make me think "I don't like guys" - it was just one bad experience

You shouldn't get too caught up in giving yourself a label though, just see who you're attracted to. And I wouldn't worry about your first kiss and the who/where or whatever, it doesn't really matter in my opinion, I only think about mine if it's brought up!

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Anybody who was kissed by a sweaty guy with bad breath would be put off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think you can decide based on this one experience OP. In that situation, it could've been that you weren't attracted to him or any of the things you mentioned.

My first kiss was also with a guy in a club and it was terrible. I think I found him attractive at the time (although I see him now and I'm not sure why...), but we were both drunk, it was about a thousand degrees in there and he strongly resembled a washing machine. So basically, I definitely didn't enjoy it, but it didn't make me think "I don't like guys" - it was just one bad experience

You shouldn't get too caught up in giving yourself a label though, just see who you're attracted to. And I wouldn't worry about your first kiss and the who/where or whatever, it doesn't really matter in my opinion, I only think about mine if it's brought up!
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Not sure you can read much in to this. No harm done anyway. If you can find someone you fancy to go on a date with and kiss it will be a better test.
    Thanks for your responses guys! I knew I shouldn't have worried about this. The best conclusion we can make of this is I wasn't attracted to that particular guy. Next time I will try to pursue something more serious with an attractive guy and see how it goes. Drunk kissing in clubs may be fun once in a blue moon, but definitely shouldn't become a habit

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.