Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i-pad mini (a beginner) - mathematics apps and others? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I`m going to be tutoring secondary maths next academic year to earn extra cash before hopefully doing a PGDE secondary maths - and just wondered 2 things:

1) What exactly does an I-pad mini come "pre-loaded" with?
    (you can probably tell from my language I know nothing about this gadget), and what can it do, exactly?

2) I would only really be interested in it if it helped me interact better with students, and

help them with any problems in "real time" in a "virtual presence" type way, such as using some kind of "writing application" to post or email on social networks or You-tube hand-written solutions, and maybe videos of me explaining things - is this possible?

I have heard of, and may be interested in something called "maths studio" - and "wolfram alpha" - but don`t know how costly these would be to keep "running" (again, excuse my beginner`s terminology) - I already have a laptop loaded with 2 mathematics software programs - mathematica and maple, but have a feeling that students (being probably more technically minded than me!!) would find something like maths store more intuitive because it would be instant.

I would appreciate any input.

Many thanks, guys!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.