Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well, I like the look of the flagship devices from all the major phone companies, but not so much the price tag. I'd like a decent camera and good battery life, along with everything else you need from a smartphone these days.

I'd prefer to spend less than £300, really. the only thing that seems to have everything I need for a reasonable price is a OnePlus One, but their invite system seems ridiculous, so presumably I'll never get one of those.

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend the moto g. Budget phone for about £150ish and decent camera.

ReputationRep:
    nexus 5 or moto g 4g. Either will be a solid job.

ReputationRep:
    Moto G

ReputationRep:
    I second the recommendation of a Google Nexus.

ReputationRep:
    nexus 5. I bought it back when it dropped to £240.
    My brother recently got moto G. It's pretty good too, and a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend the samsung galaxy S2. Very good phone which probably goes for less than 100 second hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomtech)
    I'd prefer to spend less than £300, really. the only thing that seems to have everything I need for a reasonable price is a OnePlus One, but their invite system seems ridiculous, so presumably I'll never get one of those.

Any suggestions?
    Buy a OnePlus One from eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...s+one&_sacat=0

ReputationRep:
    Nexus 5 or a Moto G. I've got both and they're both such good value for money.

ReputationRep:
    For cheapness at a good quality Moto G and Lumia 520 are the best.
    I have a Moto G which I got for £80.
    Nexus 5 I'd say is best overall for value (or OnePlus One when it's not invite-only).

Some eBay Chinese brands are good too. Like THL or iOcean.

ReputationRep:
    xperia V for 150£

ReputationRep:
    nokia lumia?

ReputationRep:
    Moto G, haven't yet found an app it can't deal with which for £150 is pretty impressive

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Samsung Galaxy S2

I've seen them going for anywhere between £80-120. Its a great phone and although its been out for a while, its still modern and not considered to be a 'brick'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Samsung Galaxy S2

I've seen them going for anywhere between £80-120. Its a great phone and although its been out for a while, its still modern and not considered to be a 'brick'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It may not be a brick, but at this point in time it is entirely inferior to other options in this price bracket, most notably the Moto G. The S2 is a phone you can use but not one you should buy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.