Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We got the preparation paper from AQA Resistant Materials...
    Topic: Gardening
    Question: Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Build a model of a garden! But ...... as a puzzle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Build a model of a garden! But ...... as a puzzle

Um...no :rolleyes: . What I meant was that the AQA examiners board gave every DT student (I am doing Resistant Materials) a sheet of paper of what the topic of the exam will be. It is gardening tools (wheelbarrows and etc - I have no idea how to garden because I live in a desert ), so we say what they are made from (mostly plastic) and how they are made, manufactured etc...

ReputationRep:
    Some topics you should revise:

1) Metals - ferrous/non ferrous, uses, properties etc, also plastics, thermosetting etc
    2) Tools used to make the garden tools and equipment (incl. hand tools)
    3) Forming and deforming plastics, metals etc(eg injection moulding, casting)
    4) CAD and CAM ALWAYs, ALWAYS comes up
    5) Safety in the workshop, things like wearing goggles, tucking ties in etc
    6) Mass Production and other industrial applications (mass, job etc, quality control)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamal1425)
    Some topics you should revise:

1) Metals - ferrous/non ferrous, uses, properties etc, also plastics, thermosetting etc
    2) Tools used to make the garden tools and equipment (incl. hand tools)
    3) Forming and deforming plastics, metals etc(eg injection moulding, casting)
    4) CAD and CAM ALWAYs, ALWAYS comes up
    5) Safety in the workshop, things like wearing goggles, tucking ties in etc
    6) Mass Production and other industrial applications (mass, job etc, quality control)

I knever understood quality control...is it when you check after each stage and give it to the customer and get their feedback?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blush Babe)
    I knever understood quality control...is it when you check after each stage and give it to the customer and get their feedback?
    I always thought that was quality assurance, and quality control is when you check finshed products to make sure they are all made to the same standard.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooo
    Cheers...
    Ah, don't forget to revise all the mouldings: injection, blow, rotational, vaccum etc (cast is only for metals so you don't need it - the only non-plastic picture was the wooden bench and the steel tubing to Picture 6 and Picture 2).

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.