Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I contact him, or should I leave it? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and he's 21, both guys, and I'm in my second year of uni. I regularly went out to bars and clubs with him for a few months; we'd pre-drink at his, we'd go out, be all over each other, have general fun, get drunk, etc, then go back to his place and have sex, and I'd stay the night. Sometimes we'd hang out during the day at his and occasionally we'd go into town together during the day. He usually said he'd missed me the next time I met up with him, and he'd introduce me to people as his 'beau' or boyfriend. We never said anything about this and just carried on as normal.

One day I text him, saying that I liked him and had a lot of fun with him, but I couldn't go out to places with him and sleep with him any more until I got an answer of what we were; I didn't want to go along with something in my head that wasn't ever going to happen, and it was driving me crazy that I didn't know where we stood. We met and talked; he said he wasn't ready to be anyone's boyfriend at the moment, to which I said okay. He said we had more than just going out and sex (obviously I don't know if this is true). I have to stay in the same city my uni is in at summer, because of the nature of my course. When we talked, he said he'd be in my city again this weekend, and it would be good to meet then.

We haven't had contact for about 6 weeks now; what do I do? Do I text him and try to meet him this weekend, or do I leave it and move on? I still like him, but obviously I don't know how he feels about me now. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I think you should leave it so you don't feel inferior but you might regret it . Do what you thinks best I ask for advice but ultimately I listen to me

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave it and move on unless you're just looking for a hook up. If not, sounds like a recipe for disaster and you could end up getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyxrose)
    I'd leave it and move on unless you're just looking for a hook up. If not, sounds like a recipe for disaster and you could end up getting hurt.
    Thanks. I do want to hookup with him again, but at the same time I know it would hurt to see him, so still not sure =/

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carboneedle)
    Thanks. I do want to hookup with him again, but at the same time I know it would hurt to see him, so still not sure =/
    I see what you mean, it'll be tough but I think you'd be better off moving on and finding someone who's looking for the same things you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyxrose)
    I see what you mean, it'll be tough but I think you'd be better off moving on and finding someone who's looking for the same things you are
    Thanks Do you think he'd even talk to me if I did contact him?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Do you think he'd even talk to me if I did contact him?
    Maybe, although it seems to me he might not be interested since he knows he'll be in your city this weekend yet hasn't contacted you about it? Unless that's because his feelings haven't changed and he's still only looking for a hookup and therefore thinks it'll be hopeless contacting you since you want something more than that.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and he's 21, both guys, and I'm in my second year of uni. I regularly went out to bars and clubs with him for a few months; we'd pre-drink at his, we'd go out, be all over each other, have general fun, get drunk, etc, then go back to his place and have sex, and I'd stay the night. Sometimes we'd hang out during the day at his and occasionally we'd go into town together during the day. He usually said he'd missed me the next time I met up with him, and he'd introduce me to people as his 'beau' or boyfriend. We never said anything about this and just carried on as normal.

One day I text him, saying that I liked him and had a lot of fun with him, but I couldn't go out to places with him and sleep with him any more until I got an answer of what we were; I didn't want to go along with something in my head that wasn't ever going to happen, and it was driving me crazy that I didn't know where we stood. We met and talked; he said he wasn't ready to be anyone's boyfriend at the moment, to which I said okay. He said we had more than just going out and sex (obviously I don't know if this is true). I have to stay in the same city my uni is in at summer, because of the nature of my course. When we talked, he said he'd be in my city again this weekend, and it would be good to meet then.

We haven't had contact for about 6 weeks now; what do I do? Do I text him and try to meet him this weekend, or do I leave it and move on? I still like him, but obviously I don't know how he feels about me now. Thank you
    I think you've answered your own question? If his feelings had changed, he should have told you. I think that fact that he has done things with you yet is not ready to be in a relationship might suggest that he only wanted to take things casually. He already knows how you felt about him and if he felt the same way, he'd only have to let you know. I'd say leave it as, the way I see it, it could only get you hurt.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.