Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think theres an age at which it becomes harder to find a gf/bf Watch

ReputationRep:
    Especially if you've never been in a serious relationship before?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    There's definitely a point but putting a number on it is going to be impossible, it depends on how much never having a serious relationship affects a person whilst dating or attempting to meet people.

ReputationRep:
    17- you're too busy with a-levels to focus on finding a boyfriend. Then you're all alone during the summer, when you actually have the time whilst everyone else is having fun.:emo:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Probably by late 20s it would become more difficult, as those around you would be getting settled and starting families. Then again you get older people, say 40+, who are newly-single after divorcing and so on, and then it becomes easier again to find a partner.

I guess 25-40 then is probably the time when most people are unavailable, thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ybsy75)
    Especially if you've never been in a serious relationship before?
    to be quite honest. its always a problem.

i'd say its hardest when you're younger than 18

and when you're older than 50

but when you're in your dating prime of 18-30 thats also when your trying to set up your life for your kids and you're retirement and stuff. so the time you are at your peak of dating is when you shouldn't arguably be messing around wasting time on it.

I'm 21 and I would say it is an issue for me. I've always been open to a relationship, I'm not against commitment. I'm a lesbian and I find there is a huge stigma from other lesbians, because they seem to think i'm not one because i've never had a relationship with a girl. FML. I have had a few dates with people, but when they found out i've never had a relationship before they back off. When i'm just chatting to people they become reluctant to get to know me anymore or go on a date with me or even 'casually hang out' if they find out i've never had a girlfriend. It's getting to the stage where i'm contemplating lying to potential partners that I have been in a relationship before... but then if they do become my first girlfriend how do I tell them that I lied to them before so they would't run a mile like everyone has done? :confused: Catch 22.

It's pretty depressing tbh. I just have one night stands with any girl whose above a 5.5/10. Or occasionally a guy who is 10/10 but very young cute justin bieber-ish. The post-sex cuddles help with the crippling loneliness.

Anyway I reckon by the mid-twenties onward it will be incredibly hard to find the first bf/gf. People will either think you are a playboy or a sl*t who doesn't want to commit. Or they will start thinking you a strange weirdo who is 'damaged' goods somehow.... Well thats how I think anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No, love is timeless :rofl:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.