Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barcelona Tickets query. Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm planning to go to Spain towards the end of August and I wanted to go and watch the opening Barca game of the season against Elche. After going to the official Barcelona website (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/info-tickets) the Elche tickets aren't available to buy.

Why is this? The kick off times aren't confirmed, is this why? When will they be available for me to purchase? If it becomes too late I might just have to go to the Club Leon (Joan Gamper trophy) match but I'd much rather go to the opening game.

I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could assist me with this as I'm a complete newbie at purchasing football tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this? The kick off times aren't confirmed, is this why?
    Yes, probably.

From people I know who've done Barca games at the Camp Nou you shouldn't have much trouble getting one on the day at the ground. Elche isn't a big game. qua should know more anyway.

(Original post by qua)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yes, probably.

From people I know who've done Barca games at the Camp Nou you shouldn't have much trouble getting one on the day at the ground. Elche isn't a big game. qua should know more anyway.
    I'm one who doesn't like to risk it, I'd rather get it before hand. Also, when will they confirm the kick off times?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    I'm one who doesn't like to risk it, I'd rather get it before hand. Also, when will they confirm the kick off times?
    No idea sorry mate.

Understandable you don't want to risk it but you are going there end of August anyway aren't you? If they don't put them on GS I would go to the ground and try to get a spare outside.

ReputationRep:
    No idea sorry mate.

Understandable you don't want to risk it but you are going there end of August anyway aren't you? If they don't put them on GS I would go to the ground and try to get a spare outside.
    'GS'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    General sale.

ReputationRep:
    General sale.
    Ah, okay thanks, just going to wait for now, and if they aren't put up for sale I'll just have to get the other tickets.

Thanks anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    x
    Probably best to ask here http://www.barcaforum.com/forumdispl...ravel-section?

ReputationRep:
    Have done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    So, I'm planning to go to Spain towards the end of August and I wanted to go and watch the opening Barca game of the season against Elche. After going to the official Barcelona website (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/info-tickets) the Elche tickets aren't available to buy.

Why is this? The kick off times aren't confirmed, is this why? When will they be available for me to purchase? If it becomes too late I might just have to go to the Club Leon (Joan Gamper trophy) match but I'd much rather go to the opening game.

I'd appreciate it a lot if someone could assist me with this as I'm a complete newbie at purchasing football tickets.

(Original post by ZSHNZ)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kick-off times are confirmed around 2 weeks to 10 days before the game (sometimes earlier, but that mostly applies for clásicos or rescheduled matches); ticket sales have nothing to do with that. Non-soci tickets go on sale around 4 weeks before the game - now factor in that it's the first game of the season and Barça usually take a few days longer than other clubs anyway, especially when weekends are involved, and you have the explanation. The tickets should go on sale sometime within the next week, so no worries.

It would make more sense for you to wait a bit longer anyway as more seats will be made available later, especially a week to a few days before the game; that way you can save money & have better seats to choose from. The game definitely won't be sold out anyway (especially with Bilbao being the next home game), so there's no hurry for you. As Wilf said, it's no problem to get tickets on the day either, either from the offices at the CN or from anywhere in the city (fcbotiga shops & most tourist points sell tickets).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.