Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help needed Planning out Costs for a Web based Educational Platform Project Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently working on a project to help students learn A Level Science at their own pace and I need some help calculating what it will cost me to get a team to develop the site and the software for me. I don't have the skills and know how at the moment to develop a site that both looks visually appealing and also caters to the users needs well so I want to outsource the web development aspect of the project.
    (see for yourself, this is what i've been able to put together : http://www.alevelscientist.com/ :ashamed2: )

but I want the site to be more appealing and functional in a fairly short amount of time from now (October). Can someone who has experience in the web development field help me with determining how much different aspects will cost me to outsource this stuff? I know I probably haven't added enough info to this post but PM me and I will tell you more details.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't made it clear what you want the site to do, such as the benefit of signing up and what a user with an account will then be able to do. Currently you simply link to relevant YouTube videos with no interactive learning aids. There will obviously be a significantly different time frame and price associated between a basic site that you have now and an interactive educational platform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wales321)
    You haven't made it clear what you want the site to do, such as the benefit of signing up and what a user with an account will then be able to do. Currently you simply link to relevant YouTube videos with no interactive learning aids. There will obviously be a significantly different time frame and price associated between a basic site that you have now and an interactive educational platform
    Exercise : http://www.alevelscientist.com/unit1...relformass.php

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.