Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Are there certain areas in Norwich one should avoid in terms of crime?
    I read the city is really safe but I'm an international student and wouldn't really know.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im going to that uni too! Im from london and from what I know Norwich has a really low crime rate, there might be some aggressive drunks at night but other than that im sure its pretty safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chick315)
    Hello,

I read the city is really safe but I'm an international student and wouldn't really know.

Thanks!
    Golden Triangle is where all the students live - so they'd be looking out for each other in that area. But it's low for crime so I don't think there are any particular bad areas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chick315)
    Hello,

Thanks!
    Mile Cross isn't the nicest area but as a student you'd likely never venture there- its mostly residential housing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Mile Cross isn't the nicest area but as a student you'd likely never venture there- its mostly residential housing.

I did read Mile Cross wasn't very nice, all cities/towns have their 'bad' areas really, I'm pleased Norwich is safe overall.

Thank you for the replies everyone!

ReputationRep:
    You might not want to live in Larkman, but pretty much everywhere is safe so long as you use a bit of street-sense if walking alone at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    They get some right nutters standing for the council there I hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    They get some right nutters standing for the council there I hear.
    oh thanks:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.