Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a UK Alevel student.I studied Maths Physics and Chemistry in the UK and got CCC, with a D in AS-level Biology.

I moved with my family to Singapore and took a year away from study as I was unsure what I wanted to do. Then on my year off I decided I wanted to study finance, so I enrolled in a Diploma in Finance and had a years work experience at a startup company in Singapore.

I would like to study the Bsc in Finance and Econ at UCD in Ireland. Im wondering if there is anybody with any experience of this course and who knows my chances of getting onto the course?

Incase you are wondering why Ireland, my family is Irish and would love to live there whilst studying.

Thanks,
    Charlie

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm an Irish student in UCD and I'll see if I can help. Firstly this may burst your bubble but I doubt you would be accepted on the BSc in Finance and Econoimcs in UCD with those A-levels. Ireland has a point systems where our grades are converted to points and each course has a minimum amount of points an applicant must obtain before they will be accepted. The specific course you are looking at is 560 points, a rough calculation of your A-level grades give around 335 points which would definitely not be enough.

ReputationRep:
    Universities in Ireland, especially UCD and Trinity College are very competitive and the CAO doesn't let you write a personal statement so decisions are pretty much based upon your grades. Unfortunately, CCCd won't be enough...you'd need at least AAAa to have a chance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.