Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am 21 years old and looking for some advice here. I work full time in an office then on a Monday, Wednesday and Fridays I work in a shop 5-9. I was thinking going up the gym everyday so the nights I work in the shop go up the gym for an hour do some light cardio and then the nights I don't work do some full body workouts.

Obviously the 2 days that I don't work would be my main workouts but even if I was to go up the nights I work and do some light cardio would you advise this.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    you need to in cooperate at least 30 minutes of cardio into your lifestyle a day. This for most people usually, means getting up earlier in the morning before work to walk the dog or go for a jog in the park. If you can't do it in the morning, then at night will also do, but most people are tired by then. You don't need to necessary be a member of gym to weight train and do compound muscle building exercises, you can just purchase your own weights and equipment for home use and use advice online. But if attending the gym is important to you then, also fit in I guess around your work schedule.

ReputationRep:
    if you're just doing a light workout it shouldn't be 'too much' for your body however you already have a really long day so maybe you should ask yourself how worthwhile it will be? I assume by the time you've got to the gym and travelled home afterwards it will be 11pm by the time you're home, having worked all day, that's not something I would want to do personally so could it demotivate you about your entire work out routine ? And if your aim is to increase fitness working hard 3-5 times a week will still work

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.