The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

"Welcome to the real world..."

Living is a bit expensive, isn't it :s
I think I need another job
Reply 81
That's not too expensive at all, depends what you compare it to I guess!
The free rent of home...!! :p:
Reply 83
LOL.. i have to pay international fees :frown:
Reply 84
ouch....
Reply 85
moojoo
Ah ok. Well we'll find out soon enough! The only thing I was a bit annoyed about was not being allowed a piano, but i'm sure i'll get over that!

dont worry i believe i saw piano rooms when i was there :smile: so all u have to do is book one and play ur heart out! personally ive been learning the piano for 12 yrs now..and iam still quite bad, see what happens when u are forced to do things?! :P
Reply 86
i wanna learn how to play the piano, do you think lessons will be expensive?! in actual truth, any conventional instrument would do me just fine, wouldn't mind joining the choir, too!
Reply 87
randomlaughter
Dammit, might have been nice to at least know what price bracket thingy my room was going to be in...
(My mother thinks I am a spendthrift. Thus I am intending to budget like crazy and prove her wrong) :p:

LOL mine too!! Iam so showing her wrong too! Iam sure i can manage my money .... I emailed Ms Tanya Dempsey and she told me I was put in rent band five.. iam hoping thats god enough, my parents were willing to pay for rent band one or two, but I was told by her that it was a good place.. she didnt exactly tell me where it was though.
Reply 88
Iam not sure but maybe college students could teach you? then it probably wont be expensive. You could always grab a guitar, go on the net, and teach yourself, some of my close friends did just that, and if you're dedicated enough (and/or naturally talented), you can be pretty good too. Why the the urge to play a musical instrument? or sing?
Reply 89
because i wasted the opportunity to do so during my sixth form/ secondary school (and now regret it majorily), plus i wanna get into acting cos i think itll be cool! also, im pretty scared of becoming a stereotypical 'mathmo'; i want to get involved in things and not spend all of my time doing maths!
uz_master
i wanna learn how to play the piano, do you think lessons will be expensive?! in actual truth, any conventional instrument would do me just fine, wouldn't mind joining the choir, too!

Why don't you ask moojoo about some piano lessons on the side, I know he was keen to do some teaching if he could... And if you're nice to me I could teach you some flute...! :p:
Reply 91
I was just about to say that ! Then I saw your post Jo :smile:
Yeah I'll give you lessons if you want uz_master , you can pay me back in alcohol if you like :wink:
Reply 92
oh what harmony :smile: off to a happy start already
Reply 93
moojoo
I was just about to say that ! Then I saw your post Jo :smile:
Yeah I'll give you lessons if you want uz_master , you can pay me back in alcohol if you like :wink:

awww thnx guys! thats really kind of you, will most probably take you up on both offers! though i dont think flute's my type of thing... we shall have to find out! :smile: reps coming both your ways asap
How about the recorder instead...? :p:
Reply 95
errrrm, one musical instrument at time, methinks!
lol no worries, i'll leave them all at home then...
Reply 97
the harmonica would be cool too, and i actually have one of those! :biggrin:
Reply 98
-myrna-
dont worry i believe i saw piano rooms when i was there :smile: so all u have to do is book one and play ur heart out! personally ive been learning the piano for 12 yrs now..and iam still quite bad, see what happens when u are forced to do things?! :P

There are two music practice rooms, you can book the keys out from the porters lodge at practically any time. Both rooms have pianos in (I think), and the last time I checked, one had a Marshall head and cab (stack guitar amp). This is a good thing.

Oh, and if you have an acoustic guitar, bring it up. It's always a good idea for freshers week.
Reply 99
i guess since u guys will be playing ur recorder, flute, piano, harmonica, acoustic guitar and what have you not, ill just HAVE to do the singing :smile: oooh do i pity everyone else

Latest

Trending

Trending