Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can Lady Gaga sing Paparazzi? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gaga sounds great with the accustic version of Paparazzi but I've always wondered if she can actually sing the actual version of the song. If you listen to this one, you can hear that her voice seems to be overly processed for the song.

Has anyone heard her sing the song closer to the album version?

ReputationRep:
    Type on youtube 'her vma performance from.2009'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    Type on youtube 'her vma performance from.2009'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You mean the bleeding performance? Saw that but that wasn't near to the album as well except for Poker Face in the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    You mean the bleeding performance? Saw that but that wasn't near to the album as well except for Poker Face in the beginning.
    I didn't write that my friend did so I don't know what to say to that ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Gaga sounds great with the accustic version of Paparazzi but I've always wondered if she can actually sing the actual version of the song. If you listen to this one, you can hear that her voice seems to be overly processed for the song.

Has anyone heard her sing the song closer to the album version?
    I agree. She's good with acoustic (and whenever performing off-tour that seems to be her preferred choice), but yes, she can sing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo8OYLbAaU

That's from during the The Monster Ball Tour a few years ago. She's dancing around on stage at the same time so obviously isn't going to be perfect all the time, but for the most part she sings it really well. The only thing is some of the really high parts...If you listen to some of her songs from 2009 and compare them to now, her voice is a lot deeper, so I doubt she'd find it as easy to hit those high notes in Paparazzi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    I agree. She's good with acoustic (and whenever performing off-tour that seems to be her preferred choice, but yes, she can sing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Eo8OYLbAaU

That's from during the The Monster Ball Tour a few years ago. She's dancing around on stage at the same time so obviously isn't going to be perfect all the time, but for the most part she sings it really well. The only thing is some of the really high parts...If you listen to some of her songs from 2009 and compare them to now, her voice is a lot deeper, so I doubt she'd find it as easy to hit those high notes in Paparazzi.
    That's fine and all, but unlike Just Dance, Poker Face (the chorus), Bad Romance, etc., I've never seen her sung Paparazzi (especially the chorus) closer to the album version, even whilst she's basically standing or sitting still. This has led me to believe that the song is too processed and she could never sing the version from the album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    That's fine and all, but unlike Just Dance, Poker Face (the chorus), Bad Romance, etc., I've never seen her sung Paparazzi (especially the chorus) closer to the album version, even whilst she's basically standing or sitting still. This has lead me to believe that the song is too processed and she could never sing the version from the album.
    Hmm. I think she could sing it and has before, but because it goes quite high, it's a lot more risky and she hasn't done it...The rest of her songs are probably a lot easier to sing live than Paparazzi, hence the reason she prefers the acoustic version....Ngl though, a lot of the time she sings acoustic (with a lot of her songs) I really wish she'd sing the album version instead :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    Hmm. I think she could sing it and has before, but because it goes quite high, it's a lot more risky and she hasn't done it...The rest of her songs are probably a lot easier to sing live than Paparazzi, hence the reason she prefers the acoustic version....
    How do you mean by it's a lot more risky?

Ngl though, a lot of the time she sings acoustic (with a lot of her songs) I really wish she'd sing the album version instead :P
    Yup. I like the acoustic version but I didn't like the song because she sang it in Jazz or using a deeper voice; I like the song in it's original album version, which is pop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    How do you mean by it's a lot more risky?

Yup. I like the acoustic version but I didn't like the song because she sang it in Jazz or using a deeper voice; I like the song in it's original album version, which is pop.
    A lot more risky in terms of actually hitting the note. The higher the note, the harder it is to reach it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.