Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Didn't work a day of my notice, will I still get paid? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I gave in my notice, after only working two weeks, on Saturday, and they told me they wanted me to work still for the next two weeks.

They texted me to ask if I could work on Sunday (which was not part of my rota), and I said I couldn't as I'm going camping, but they texted me again Sun morning to ask again, but I told then I was already camping and they didn't reply.

I then texted them this morning to ask if I was working today and they said no, but when I asked what days I am working they again didn't reply.

Do you think they're going to ask me to work again or not? Also they said if I just quit on the spot and didn't give notice they wouldn't pay me for the work I've already done, do you think that's going to happen now? I would be happy to work the two weeks notice, is was just that particular day.

Plus they don't have my bank details yet as I didn't have them when I filled in my application at the start. Do you think they'll just stop replying to me and use the excuse that they don't have my bank details as a reason not to pay me?

ReputationRep:
    They cannot withhold money for days where you have worked, unless you get paid in advanced (which it sounds like you don't).

My advice is stop working for dodgy people who think they can bull**** when it comes to the law.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imbatman)
    ....use the excuse that they don't have my bank details as a reason not to pay me?
    It's not an excuse, they can't pay you if they don't have your bank details! You need to get in touch with them, it's your responsibility if you want the money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    It's not an excuse, they can't pay you if they don't have your bank details! You need to get in touch with them, it's your responsibility if you want the money!
    No. What I mean is after I give them my bank details could they just say it's too late and not pay me or something like that?

Also, I didn't mean to use excuse to say they'd make up a reason, I meant it as in a legit explanation to why they didn't pay me.

ReputationRep:
    No, they have to pay you for work done. Also if you weren't rota'd on the Sunday they really can't say you didn't work your notice and try to use that as a reason to not pay you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.