Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CR7, Bale, Rodriguez vs. Messi, Suarez, Neymar Watch

ReputationRep:
    Most people seem to think Real have the better trio on current form, as Messi is looking burnt out which lowers Barca's overall prestige. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    The Ballon D'or winner, the World Cup top scorer and the guy who did this:

http://zippy.gfycat.com/BossySlowGentoopenguin.webm

vs the indolent Messi, the racist cannibal Suarez and the diver Neymar.

Quite apart from being more likeable and honourable human beings, the Castilian triumvirate is far better than its Catalan counterpart when it comes to football. It'll be like lambs to the slaughter for Barca this season, they won't know what hit them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    The Ballon D'or winner, the World Cup top scorer and the guy who did this:

http://zippy.gfycat.com/BossySlowGentoopenguin.webm

vs the indolent Messi, the racist cannibal Suarez and the diver Neymar.

Quite apart from being more likeable and honourable human beings, the Castilian triumvirate is far better than its Catalan counterpart when it comes to football. It'll be like lambs to the slaughter for Barca this season, they won't know what hit them.

Why don't you tell us what you really think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)

Why don't you tell us what you really think?
    I stand by what I said, Real Madrid will win the sextuple this season.

ReputationRep:
    Well Tengentoppa with more pro Madrid nonsense :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Suarez, Neymar Messi. Madrid couldn't even beat Barcelona when they're team was more stable. Now they're so top heavy its laughable.

ReputationRep:
    On current form

Ronaldo > Messi
    Suarez > Bale
    Neymar > Rodriguez

So I;d have to go with Barca. Wonder how much Neymar's injury will affect him though, if at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    On current form

Ronaldo > Messi
    Suarez > Bale
    Neymar > Rodriguez

So I;d have to go with Barca. Wonder how much Neymar's injury will affect him though, if at all.
    People are making too big a deal about Neymar's injury. Really isn't that bad. Doubt it will affect him at all just his back might be stiff for a while since he will probably be wearing that brace for a good 2-3 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    On current form

Ronaldo > Messi
    Suarez > Bale
    Neymar > Rodriguez

Current form? Lolwat. Messi>Ronaldo and James>Neymar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Barca has a better trio , Suarez may be a cannibal - but he's one heck of a striker.

ReputationRep:
    Just about the Real Madrid trio

Ronaldo and Messi about the same

Suarez over Bale

and James over Neymar

ReputationRep:
    Mandzukic, Turan and Greizmann

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Current form? Lolwat. Messi>Ronaldo and James>Neymar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe I should have clarified current form, I'm talking about form being carried over from the latest season more then anything, the WC isn't that accurate a source of how great a player is compared to the League. If someone were to offer me one of Messi or Ronaldo at this moment in time for Liverpool I'd take Ronaldo. I like Neymar as a player quite a lot, only saw Rodriguez at Monaco like 3 times last season so I'm going with limited knowledge on that one, I'll concede that. I'm taking the WC with a pinch of salt, Rodriguez plays in an exciting Columbian side whereas Neymar plays in the most poverty Brazilian side I've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    On current form

Ronaldo > Messi
    Suarez > Bale
    Neymar > Rodriguez

Would that be the same Neymar who had an underwhelming season last year and who could only score against Croatia and Cameroon?

I'd say James is better on current form, and Suarez has no current form, he's not playing football for another 3 months. Who knows what shape he'll be in when he comes back.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by current form. Going by the most recent tournament which is the WC, Messi would be on better form than Ronaldo (who was injured towards the end of the domestic season). Bale didn't play in the WC and Neymar has a pretty bad back injury so its hard to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Would that be the same Neymar who had an underwhelming season last year and who could only score against Croatia and Cameroon?

I'd say James is better on current form, and Suarez has no current form, he's not playing football for another 3 months. Who knows what shape he'll be in when he comes back.
    True, he wasn't as big a success as expected, as I said before that choice was purely down to preference as I don't take too much stock in the WC and I didn't see to much of Rodriguez over the season.

Suarez will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Football;

Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez > Messi, Suarez, Neymar.

Tax-Evasion/Biting;

Messi, Suarez, Neymar > Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Well Tengentoppa with more pro Madrid nonsense :lol:
    Also you have a guy who dodges tax. If I did that I'd be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how Barca's 3 click together. On paper I'd take those three, but we saw how Neymar struggled in Messi's shadow last year. We know what we're gonna get with Real, pure pace and power.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona imo. I don't think James Rodriguez will reach the heights of the World Cup (which is why you should never sign a player on the back of a WC).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 29, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.