Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You find a £20 note on the street... Watch

• View Poll Results: You find a £20 note on the street. Do you...
    Keep it
    94.00%
    Hand it in at the nearest police station
    6.00%

• TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Do you:

• Keep it
    • Hand it in at the nearest police station
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to sound good and say I'd hand it in, but I'd probably keep it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would not touch it.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Keep it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Keep it probably

ReputationRep:
    Keep it

ReputationRep:
    It's such an insignificant amount of money that I would probably keep it. If I dropped £20 on the street I'd expect whoever found it to keep it...

ReputationRep:
    Give it to charity.

ReputationRep:
    It's a note. The owner most likely wouldn't get it back ever. I'd keep it.

Completely different from if it was a wallet, phone, USB stick etc etc in which case I would hand it in or 'trace' the person from the item and contact him/her.
    • Editorial Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I would not touch it.
    Why not?

ReputationRep:
    I'd devote the rest of my life to find the person who dropped it and return it to him.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it

ReputationRep:
    Defo keep it, unless it was tied to a wire or something.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep it and not feel even a single bit guilty about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armadillo)
    Why not?
    I don't need a £20 note that's lying on the ground in the street. I wouldn't give it a second look.

It's not a wise idea to pick something up that you find on the ground, no matter what that thing is.

If I found a £20 note dropped inside a room or within a building, I might take the opportunity (the operative word here being 'might') to hand it in to security personnel. Otherwise, I would ignore it. It's not worth the potential trouble that it may cause.
    • Editorial Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't need a £20 note that's lying on the ground in the street. I wouldn't give it a second look.

It's not a wise idea to pick something up that you find on the ground, no matter what that thing is.

If I found a £20 note dropped inside a room or within a building, I might take the opportunity (the operative word here being 'might') to hand it in to security personnel. Otherwise, I would ignore it. It's not worth the potential trouble that it may cause.
    Have you been in a situation in the past where picking up a valuable item caused trouble?

ReputationRep:
    Keep it

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely pick it up if it's just loose change. If it was a wallet I'd hand it in to the police. If it was loads of money I wouldn't touch it. That's either for a hidden camera show or it's drug money.

ReputationRep:
    Can you give us examples of 'potential trouble'? Please tell me they involve drugs and gangsters.

ReputationRep:
    A larger sum of money would be more ideal for this question, no one on earth is going to a police station to return £20, that is comical

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.