Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This is my first post so I'll try to keep it brief.

I'm currently on a Masters course but have failed this year due to extenuating circumstances.

I applied for a PCDL loan from a bank which was initially accepted but capped at 80% and I had to basically fight with them for weeks to explain why I should receive the full 100% and they eventually accepted.

At some point during my application being processed some one input the name of my course wrong into their system, meaning my loan application took even longer to go through and I was 6 weeks late in starting my course (barely made registration) and only got 80% of the fees promised, but couldn't sort out the full 100% again as I was already 6 weeks late and the university weren't willing to wait any longer. To make up for the missing 20%, I worked almost full time and as a result of working and the lateness, I ended up failing 2 out of 4 modules in my first term.

My second term started a lot better but soon went sour when a significant family member fell ill and another one passed away. As you can imagine I was very distracted and ended up failing another 2 modules from this term. I applied for extenuating circumstances for all my situations and my applications were accepted.

The end result is that I failed 1 module too many to redo them this year, so my only option is to resit the failed modules next year.

My question is whether or not I should have to pay in order to resit the modules with attendance, as I currently have to but I feel really unsupported. Should I appeal this decision?

Sorry for not keeping it short, I did try but it's really not that easy.

Thanks.

F

ReputationRep:
    Talk to the students' union at you Uni. They are there to support you. They might have come across similar situations and will have a good understanding of financial regs at your Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.