Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

This is not an advertisement for my site, it is a resource I found that I think would be good to share with you all.

Hi,

I found this website where you can learn to code in an interactive way. It rewards you with badges when you achieve certain things and it gives you situations that are industry standard to work on.

Have a look here:
    http://www.codeavengers.com

Hope it helps some of you to get started

ReputationRep:
    I am going to check this out now, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, might check it out at some point. It worries me that it says: "Build an App - With JavaScript" though?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by StatusRed)
    Looks good, might check it out at some point. It worries me that it says: "Build an App - With JavaScript" though?
    Yes I see what you mean :P

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like Codecademy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    Sounds like Codecademy.
    Does indeed, but looks quite different, going to give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying with treehouse. Both code academy and kahn academy do not stay up to to date with the newest technologies imo. As long as you learn the language and practice them regularly, it doesn't matter if you use a book, video or website.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have to pay for these courses, not interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mos182)
    You have to pay for these courses, not interested.
    Codecademy is completely free but not as updated as some of the more premium learning services. http://www.codecademy.com/

https://phpacademy.org/ is another fantastic free way of learning PHP by a PHP developer called Alex. Phpacademy is one of the first video learning websites which is covering PDO rather than the old database connection functions like mysql_connect and mysql_select_db.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.