The Student Room Group

What do you want to do when you graduate?

I'm a Business Management student at the University of East Anglia. I'm currently interning for a company called Zealify which I'm really enjoying but it's making me wonder what I want to do when I finish uni? Can I find out what everyone else wants to do for inspiration? I'm thinking marketing as it's what my internship is focused on but I'm not sure!

Scroll to see replies

MA in Social Work and then hopefully become a registered social worker:smile:
Reply 2
I'm doing Business and Management too :smile: I want to be a Management Consultant. If I can't do that I just want to be the HBIC (Head bitch in charge) of a multi national company...
MSc in developmental/child psychology then apply for a graduate mental health worker position. Attempts at getting a place on the doctorate then begin.
Sounds great! Is mental health competitive?
Original post by EmmaFromZealify
Sounds great! Is mental health competitive?

I hope to become a clinical child psychologist and places on the doctorate to become a clinical or educational psychologist tend to be extremely competitive yes. :tongue: I think they have a couple thousand applications for only a few hundred places a year. I intend on building up my experience throughout the next few years which I hope will at least give me a good chance of getting a place. :colondollar:

Have you considered doing a masters in your subject?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DannyYYYY
I hope to become a clinical child psychologist and places on the doctorate to become a clinical or educational psychologist tend to be extremely competitive yes. :tongue: I think they have a couple thousand applications for only a few hundred places a year. I intend on building up my experience throughout the next few years which I hope will at least give me a good chance of getting a place. :colondollar:

Have you considered doing a masters in your subject?

Thats sou,sounds fantastic. Good luck! Getting experience is definitely the best into anything so I think you are going he right way about it.

Id love to do a masters but ideally I want to find a company who will fund me as I don't think I could afford it myself. I've heard you can't get a student loan for a masters do you know if this is true?
n
Original post by ldsbabe
I'm doing Business and Management too :smile: I want to be a Management Consultant. If I can't do that I just want to be the HBIC (Head bitch in charge) of a multi national company...

Haha! I absolutely love that! I suppose I've got that ambition deep down. There's not enough woman taking the lead in business. If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.

where do you study?
Reply 8
I want to either:
Become an actuary
Become a crime analyst using maths to solve crimes
generic banker

Intend to study mathematics
Reply 9
n

Haha! I absolutely love that! I suppose I've got that ambition deep down. There's not enough woman taking the lead in business. If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.

where do you study?

Haha thank you!! Let's do this gurll!! I love strong ambitious business women!
I'm studying at Salford...it's pretty **** but I've got a couple of good years of experience and more to come yet.
Hopefully I'll get an MBA from Manchester Uni.
Original post by King Leonidas
MA in Social Work and then hopefully become a registered social worker:smile:

Ohh brilliant! I once considered going into to social work as I have some experience in the health and social care sector but I backed out at last minute as I doubted how emotionally strong I am. I have so much respect for people who can do those roles. Good luck!

Arre you you doing a degree in social work or another subject?
health and social HND followed by a child nurse degree going on to hopefully become a registered child nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Computer Science and Maths and intend to go on a completely different route on graduating: going into User Experience Design.
Ohh brilliant! I once considered going into to social work as I have some experience in the health and social care sector but I backed out at last minute as I doubted how emotionally strong I am. I have so much respect for people who can do those roles. Good luck!

Arre you you doing a degree in social work or another subject?

Thank you, what kind of experience do you have in the health & social care sector? I have just completed BA Politics/Philosophy and graduated with a 2.1, I am taking a year out to obtain some experience and strengthen my CV before I apply for an MA. Yeah, I really would love to work in the social field, helping others has always been my forte, thus doing it as a career would be amazing. At times I have doubted whether I can get a job in the sector due to the large influx of females in social work, however, somebody suggested that it could work in my favour:dontknow:

So what kind of work are you doing at Zealify:smile:
Reply 14
If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.

I wouldnt describe it as shocking.. or even unexpected, to be honest.
I'm a Business Management student at the University of East Anglia. I'm currently interning for a company called Zealify which I'm really enjoying but it's making me wonder what I want to do when I finish uni? Can I find out what everyone else wants to do for inspiration? I'm thinking marketing as it's what my internship is focused on but I'm not sure!

I haven't started uni yet (waiting till September), but my plan for now is to keep travelling the world whilst applying for jobs in the respective field I want to go in to :smile: Ideally in America, but I'd be happy to stay in the UK or go in to Europe :smile:
Reply 16
Studying: Economics
Upon graduating: still undecided but thinking about Investment Banking/management, Merchant Banking, Economist career wise, considering going a Masters first.
I think I'd like to run my one ethical cafe. Or work with animals.
Thats sou,sounds fantastic. Good luck! Getting experience is definitely the best into anything so I think you are going he right way about it.

Id love to do a masters but ideally I want to find a company who will fund me as I don't think I could afford it myself. I've heard you can't get a student loan for a masters do you know if this is true?

Thank you!

Yeah, some universities offer a few funding options including bursaries/scholarships depending on your situation. I'd take a loot around on different university websites for a masters you're interested in and see what they say. :smile:
I still have wait until August to find out if I'm going to uni or not but after, I'll hopefully be going on to read biology and will come out with a MSci degree in Environmental Biology.

I love animals and nature and want to work outdoors so I'm (at the moment) really liking the idea of working for the IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature).

I also want to travel and move to America so hopefully, during my summers, I'll try to volunteer abroad to get experience and to see the world :awesome:

I know I probably shouldn't plan so far ahead but I'm a dreamer :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending