Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you want to do when you graduate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Business Management student at the University of East Anglia. I'm currently interning for a company called Zealify which I'm really enjoying but it's making me wonder what I want to do when I finish uni? Can I find out what everyone else wants to do for inspiration? I'm thinking marketing as it's what my internship is focused on but I'm not sure!

ReputationRep:
    MA in Social Work and then hopefully become a registered social worker

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business and Management too I want to be a Management Consultant. If I can't do that I just want to be the HBIC (Head ***** in charge) of a multi national company...

ReputationRep:
    MSc in developmental/child psychology then apply for a graduate mental health worker position. Attempts at getting a place on the doctorate then begin.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds great! Is mental health competitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaFromZealify)
    Sounds great! Is mental health competitive?
    I hope to become a clinical child psychologist and places on the doctorate to become a clinical or educational psychologist tend to be extremely competitive yes. I think they have a couple thousand applications for only a few hundred places a year. I intend on building up my experience throughout the next few years which I hope will at least give me a good chance of getting a place.

Have you considered doing a masters in your subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyYYYY)
    I hope to become a clinical child psychologist and places on the doctorate to become a clinical or educational psychologist tend to be extremely competitive yes. I think they have a couple thousand applications for only a few hundred places a year. I intend on building up my experience throughout the next few years which I hope will at least give me a good chance of getting a place.

Have you considered doing a masters in your subject?

Thats sou,sounds fantastic. Good luck! Getting experience is definitely the best into anything so I think you are going he right way about it.

Id love to do a masters but ideally I want to find a company who will fund me as I don't think I could afford it myself. I've heard you can't get a student loan for a masters do you know if this is true?

ReputationRep:
    Code:
    n
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    I'm doing Business and Management too I want to be a Management Consultant. If I can't do that I just want to be the HBIC (Head ***** in charge) of a multi national company...
    Haha! I absolutely love that! I suppose I've got that ambition deep down. There's not enough woman taking the lead in business. If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.

where do you study?

ReputationRep:
    I want to either:
    Become an actuary
    Become a crime analyst using maths to solve crimes
    generic banker

Intend to study mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Code:
    n
    Haha! I absolutely love that! I suppose I've got that ambition deep down. There's not enough woman taking the lead in business. If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.

where do you study?
    Haha thank you!! Let's do this gurll!! I love strong ambitious business women!
    I'm studying at Salford...it's pretty **** but I've got a couple of good years of experience and more to come yet.
    Hopefully I'll get an MBA from Manchester Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    MA in Social Work and then hopefully become a registered social worker
    Ohh brilliant! I once considered going into to social work as I have some experience in the health and social care sector but I backed out at last minute as I doubted how emotionally strong I am. I have so much respect for people who can do those roles. Good luck!

Arre you you doing a degree in social work or another subject?

ReputationRep:
    health and social HND followed by a child nurse degree going on to hopefully become a registered child nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Computer Science and Maths and intend to go on a completely different route on graduating: going into User Experience Design.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh brilliant! I once considered going into to social work as I have some experience in the health and social care sector but I backed out at last minute as I doubted how emotionally strong I am. I have so much respect for people who can do those roles. Good luck!

Arre you you doing a degree in social work or another subject?
    Thank you, what kind of experience do you have in the health & social care sector? I have just completed BA Politics/Philosophy and graduated with a 2.1, I am taking a year out to obtain some experience and strengthen my CV before I apply for an MA. Yeah, I really would love to work in the social field, helping others has always been my forte, thus doing it as a career would be amazing. At times I have doubted whether I can get a job in the sector due to the large influx of females in social work, however, somebody suggested that it could work in my favour:dontknow:

So what kind of work are you doing at Zealify

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the CEO's of the FTSE 100 top companies only a handful are women, it's shocking really.
    I wouldnt describe it as shocking.. or even unexpected, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Business Management student at the University of East Anglia. I'm currently interning for a company called Zealify which I'm really enjoying but it's making me wonder what I want to do when I finish uni? Can I find out what everyone else wants to do for inspiration? I'm thinking marketing as it's what my internship is focused on but I'm not sure!
    I haven't started uni yet (waiting till September), but my plan for now is to keep travelling the world whilst applying for jobs in the respective field I want to go in to Ideally in America, but I'd be happy to stay in the UK or go in to Europe
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Studying: Economics
    Upon graduating: still undecided but thinking about Investment Banking/management, Merchant Banking, Economist career wise, considering going a Masters first.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd like to run my one ethical cafe. Or work with animals.

ReputationRep:
    Thats sou,sounds fantastic. Good luck! Getting experience is definitely the best into anything so I think you are going he right way about it.

Id love to do a masters but ideally I want to find a company who will fund me as I don't think I could afford it myself. I've heard you can't get a student loan for a masters do you know if this is true?
    Thank you!

Yeah, some universities offer a few funding options including bursaries/scholarships depending on your situation. I'd take a loot around on different university websites for a masters you're interested in and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    I still have wait until August to find out if I'm going to uni or not but after, I'll hopefully be going on to read biology and will come out with a MSci degree in Environmental Biology.

I love animals and nature and want to work outdoors so I'm (at the moment) really liking the idea of working for the IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature).

I also want to travel and move to America so hopefully, during my summers, I'll try to volunteer abroad to get experience and to see the world :awesome:

I know I probably shouldn't plan so far ahead but I'm a dreamer

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.