Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know an effective way to get rid of blackheads? The deep set ones that look more like freckles.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy blackhead removers but they're quite painful. You could get a good exfoliator and see if you can bring them to the surface a little more, and maybe a scrubbing mit. You could treat yourself to a facial at a spa too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    You can buy blackhead removers but they're quite painful. You could get a good exfoliator and see if you can bring them to the surface a little more, and maybe a scrubbing mit. You could treat yourself to a facial at a spa too
    I've tried all of them, my case just seems hopeless haha

ReputationRep:
    Blackhead removal stripes

ReputationRep:
    Exfoliate your skin with lemon juice and sugar and do it once a week. Mix the lemon juice and sugar until you form a paste. Scrub it your clean face concentrate on the blackheads, but remember to use a very light touch. Too rough, and you could damage your skin. Do this for 3-5 minutes. Rinse well. Enjoy your clean face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RehaShaikh)
    Blackhead removal stripes
    I've heard these do more damage than good as they are too harsh on the skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mommabeauty)
    Exfoliate your skin with lemon juice and sugar and do it once a week. Mix the lemon juice and sugar until you form a paste. Scrub it your clean face concentrate on the blackheads, but remember to use a very light touch. Too rough, and you could damage your skin. Do this for 3-5 minutes. Rinse well. Enjoy your clean face.
    I don't find that exfoliating particularly helps because they don't protrude on the surface of the skin

ReputationRep:
    Exfoliation is one of vital treatment for get healthier skin, apricot and walnut scrub removes dirt and dead cell leaving your skin supple and smooth.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Salt and toothpaste.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If they're around the nose I strongly recommend blackhead strips (Bioré not any other cheap brands!). If not use La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (its on sale at feelunique and on escentual) and it really cleans out your pores - contains salicylic acid and exfoliates the skin to prevent future buildup blocking pores! Really helped my skin - don't have any blackheads now! Just use it twice a day after cleansing. Also what do you wash your face with? Use a scrub or exfoliator eg (St Ives Scrub) - but don't scrub too much because that can leave you with broken capillaries!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.