Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

21st Birthday! What Did You/Are You Going To Do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Need ideas :gah:

ReputationRep:
    We went to St Davids in Pembrokeshire for my 21st. You could throw a party or pub crawl or bowling. Depends on you and friends/family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do anything, I don't care much for birthdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    We went to St Davids in Pembrokeshire for my 21st. You could throw a party or pub crawl or bowling. Depends on you and friends/family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh, that sounds fun!

It's not actually till January, lol, but I'm kind of panicking because I'm moving to Birmingham (for work) in a couple of months, and as I'll be celebrating there (my birthday is right after the holidays end!) I'm not sure how many new friends I'll have made in just a few months. My friends live all over the place ATM, though my besties and family will be coming up ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ldsbabe)
    I didn't do anything, I don't care much for birthdays.
    Interesting, how come?

ReputationRep:
    Meal with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Meal with family.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, cool Did you want to do something more "grown up"?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Amsterdam with some friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I'm going to Amsterdam with some friends
    That's so cool! Have fun, and Happy Birthday in advance

I really want to go to America (there's a Contiki trip going at the same time as my birthday) but none of my friends can afford it Not sure if I should just have dinner or something with home friends/family and then go on the trip solo or what (you can meet other people on the trip and people often go solo).

ReputationRep:
    I had mine last yr

I had a beach party :woo: in the day, then fancy dinner in evening, and clubbed till almost sunrise next morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeMob)
    I had mine last yr

I had a beach party :woo: in the day, then fancy dinner in evening, and clubbed till almost sunrise next morning.
    Omg that sounds amazing :gah:

Are you from somewhere outside the UK? (Guessing based on the beach party)

Clubbing till sunrise is most definitely on the cards! :thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dehydrated)
    That's so cool! Have fun, and Happy Birthday in advance

I really want to go to America (there's a Contiki trip going at the same time as my birthday) but none of my friends can afford it Not sure if I should just have dinner or something with home friends/family and then go on the trip solo or what (you can meet other people on the trip and people often go solo).
    Thank you ya thirsty *******!

Oh that sucks I would suggest something in Europe tbh as it's pretty easy for others to get to for a weekend/ afford. My closest friend are planning like South of France/Berlin. If you have like 4+ People you can rent an appartment for cheap ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Thank you ya thirsty *******!

Oh that sucks I would suggest something in Europe tbh as it's pretty easy for others to get to for a weekend/ afford. My closest friend are planning like South of France/Berlin. If you have like 4+ People you can rent an appartment for cheap ^.^
    Hahaha, that's the only reason I chose this username :five: The word "thirsty" has gone a lot around TSR lately!

It's just generally a bad time to have a birthday TBH (middle of January), so I don't think my friends will be able to come travelling with me at all as some of them work weekends etc. and we'll be lucky if we can all have a full day off Will definitely go clubbing/have a meal at least, though.

I did kind of want to go round America (the trip stops off in Las Vegas which would be fun after just turning 21)! but I suppose maybe we can do that some other time. Not sure if I'd want to do that solo and then do something small with home friends or not?

ReputationRep:
    Omg that sounds amazing :gah:

Are you from somewhere outside the UK? (Guessing based on the beach party)

Clubbing till sunrise is most definitely on the cards! :thumbsup:
    I'm from Venice Beach, California! :shades:
    And honestly I'd say make it an all day thing, like a hen/bachelorette party meets prom night. That's how I do it.

ReputationRep:
    And honestly I'd say make it an all day thing, like a hen/bachelorette party meets prom night. That's how I do it.
    Cool place to be from! Do you even have cold winters?

Yeah, I might do that. It's on a Sunday so hopefully no-one will be busy.

ReputationRep:
    Cool place to be from! Do you even have cold winters?

Yeah, I might do that. It's on a Sunday so hopefully no-one will be busy.
    A Sunday? :curious: Homegirl, no, don't do that!?

Lol no honey not a Sunday. A Friday night hangover to Saturday or Sat night hangover to Sunday. I mean it's Summer but Sunday is never a fun day lol But that's just my advice

ReputationRep:
    A Sunday? :curious: Homegirl, no, don't do that!?

Lol no honey not a Sunday. A Friday night hangover to Saturday or Sat night hangover to Sunday. I mean it's Summer but Sunday is never a fun day lol But that's just my advice
    Yeah, maybe Saturday Or the Friday night would work, I want it to be in the same week. Don't fancy going to church with a birthday-girl hangover :lol:

ReputationRep:
    God knows to be honest, it'll probably be a day trip or something to somewhere

I'm feeling quite jealous right now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, maybe Saturday Or the Friday night would work, I want it to be in the same week. Don't fancy going to church with a birthday-girl hangover :lol:
    Lol
    and the weather depends on location, but winters are 30F and summers over 100 typically.

ReputationRep:
    I got taken on a suprise weekend break to prague for my 21st went segwaying, went to bar where a woman had her baps out for absolutely no reason and witnessed a lesbian lap dance in the middle of a bar while I was eating my dinner got absolutely smashed with some americans, a japanese person & dutch person was pretty random but will remember it for the rest of my life

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.