Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

France wiped off map - Watch

• Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    To much amusement, LA Times have accidentally wiped France off a map and replaced the area with sea.

Talking more ecologically - which country would you genuinely wipe off the map?

It'd have to make a difference to the surrounding area. I'd wipe out the Republic of Congo as I think it would provide a great lake which would provide an essential water resource to starving Africans.

If I had a second choice, I'd wipe out Russia - the climate is far too cold and the territory too large and densely populated.

By 'wipe out', I simply mean the space disappearing and turning into sea, as the LA Times did with France
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty amusing - one has to wonder how many editors that image had to pass before it was published.

I don't think it's a very good idea to wipe a country off the map for ecological reasons. If you suddenly create a new water body (especially one as big as Congo or Russia) you're going to significantly affect the global climate system which could have potentially catastrophic implications.

ReputationRep:
    If the entire Middle East could disappear that would be nice for political reasons, though not necessarily ecological ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)
    To much amusement, LA Times have accidentally wiped France off a map and replaced the area with sea.

It'd have to make a difference to the surrounding area. I'd wipe out the Republic of Congo as I think it would provide a great lake which would provide an essential water resource to starving Africans.

If I had a second choice, I'd wipe out Russia - the climate is far too cold and the territory too large and densely populated.

By 'wipe out', I simply mean the space disappearing and turning into sea, as the LA Times did with France
    Is TSRG now advocating measured levels of ethnic cleansing? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Is TSRG now advocating measured levels of ethnic cleansing? :erm:
    That's what I read.

ReputationRep:
    Wales

ReputationRep:
    Italy or Ireland, leaning toward the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Russia

ReputationRep:
    none

ReputationRep:
    North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
    Japan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Russia
    how dare u :mad:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    China.

ReputationRep:
    Israel

ReputationRep:
    Would have to be the entire middle east. We could then just set up oil rigs.

ReputationRep:
    Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Italy or Ireland, leaning toward the latter.
    y u do dis?

ReputationRep:
    Serbia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numberwang)

north africa. making the Mediterranean larger and helping subsaharan africans with fishing and european trade.

or pretty much this whole area

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 03.24.21.png
Views: 81
Size:  321.0 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.