The Student Room Group

Metabolic biochemistry question help needed

Hello,

I've just signed up today in the hope someone can help me out with some biochemistry work. I passed all my modules in second year however i badly failed my Metabolic Biochemistry exam and hence have been told i must resit this at the end of August and if i fail i must resit the whole year, which i found very harsh but it is what it is.

Anyway the exam is made up of 3 main parts, the last part is a seen exam question and is worth %30 of the mark. I am really struggling with this question and would highly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

The question is as followed "Acetyl-CoA is not considered part of the glycolysis pathway as it can be produced by other pathways within the cell. Describe the specific pathways that lead to the generation of acetyl-CoA for use in the TCA cycle"

I need to write around 2 pages worth for this exam question, like mentioned i am really struggling and worried about this exam as if i fail it will mean a total year resit, please help if you can,thanks alot guys!! :smile:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Original post by originol
Hello,

I've just signed up today in the hope someone can help me out with some biochemistry work. I passed all my modules in second year however i badly failed my Metabolic Biochemistry exam and hence have been told i must resit this at the end of August and if i fail i must resit the whole year, which i found very harsh but it is what it is.

Anyway the exam is made up of 3 main parts, the last part is a seen exam question and is worth %30 of the mark. I am really struggling with this question and would highly appreciate it if someone could help me out.

The question is as followed "Acetyl-CoA is not considered part of the glycolysis pathway as it can be produced by other pathways within the cell. Describe the specific pathways that lead to the generation of acetyl-CoA for use in the TCA cycle"

I need to write around 2 pages worth for this exam question, like mentioned i am really struggling and worried about this exam as if i fail it will mean a total year resit, please help if you can,thanks alot guys!! :smile:

Hey, just going to bump this thread in the hopes that someone will see it. :smile:
Original post by originol
Hello,

I do not understand one bit: do you need actual help about how acetyl CoA can be generated for use in TCA, or do you need general help on how to write two sheets on it as part of your seen exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending