(International) Postgrad scholarships/funding

Watch
suzannataylor
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!

I'm about to look through the funding thread but as it's over 50 pages long I thought I'd see if anyone could help me with this first. I'm about to go into my fourth year of my undergrad Spanish degree at KCL and when I have finished my degree I would love to do postgrad, preferably abroad because I really got a lot out of my year abroad in Mexico as part of this degree. I know that there are a few scholarship schemes for the USA (Thouron Award, Fulbright) but I don't know of any others either abroad or in the UK. Has anyone received a scholarship or funding for their masters or could point me in the right direction for finding out more?
madamemerle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by suzannataylor)
Hello!

I'm about to look through the funding thread but as it's over 50 pages long I thought I'd see if anyone could help me with this first. I'm about to go into my fourth year of my undergrad Spanish degree at KCL and when I have finished my degree I would love to do postgrad, preferably abroad because I really got a lot out of my year abroad in Mexico as part of this degree. I know that there are a few scholarship schemes for the USA (Thouron Award, Fulbright) but I don't know of any others either abroad or in the UK. Has anyone received a scholarship or funding for their masters or could point me in the right direction for finding out more?
This would probably do better in the international postgraduate sub forum fyi.

As to Postgrad funding: I assume you're looking at Master's level - in the U.S. and Canada, aside from the big name scholarships, it's possible to get funding through the uni/department, usually through TA-ships (teaching assistantships) or RA-ships (research assistantships), which will cover some or all of your fees and also give you a living stipend. Canada, especially, funds well at the MA level. You'll have to do some drudge work to trawl through all the department sites of unis that interest you to find yourself a list of places that offer full, or nearly full, funding, and good resources for your subject, which can take a while but is worth it.

Another option is that if you're an EU citizen, then many continental and Scandinavian unis charge limited, or no fees for MAs, so you just need to come up with living expenses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads