The Student Room Group

At uni, how often do you keep in touch with friends from home?

If you're a uni student, do you keep in touch with friends from home and, if so, how?

For me it's around once a week on either Facebook or the telephone, but I have housemates who seem to have completely lost touch with old friends. I spose having a gap year might've strengthened my old friendships...

It'll be interesting to hear how other students compare..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
I am starting my first year of uni this year (I'm 20) and my friends are all about to enter their final year at different university's, we're a group of around 15 lads, and we keep in touch mostly though a facebook group chat, which we use every few days. During holidays this use increases as we discuss meeting up and going out etc
Reply 2
I don't have any friends at home. Or at uni.
Reply 3
I talk to a few every day, a few about weekly, and some I've just totally lost touch with. It depends on the friend, and how active they are on Steam or over text (the only ways I really communicate with people long-distance socially).
We tried to have a group skype once a week or every other week, but it didn't really work too well, we ended up just talking over facebook and text, it depended on who the friend was as to how much effort they made to stay in touch or whether they just claimed to always be busy etc
I still talk to one of my closest friends every few days whilst I'm away at uni (Skype/Skype message or text) and there's a couple of people from home who I talk to maybe every few months, mainly when we're all home. Then there's the people I now have no contact with :tongue:

For me, it depended on where people were going, i.e. my friends that have also moved away don't make much of an effort to keep in touch, whereas I still talk to the people that stayed at home a fair bit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending