This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I was thinking bout choosing Stats along with Pure math. Ive herd there is some project thinguy nfor S3. Wonder if someone exactly knows wat it is (Mind u i havnt touched ant stats,so wood appreciate if u cood explain in "Normal language"!)
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did S1 S2 and S3 its really interesting and challenging. if u like doing projects then the project work (coursework) in s3 is for you. its great and it also counts for 25% of ur s3 exam. u can do u coursework on a variety of topics. but it should be useful and u just should not do it just for the sake of it. my was on"the effects of education ,gender and owrk experience on job opportunities." got full credit
fArhAnA
Report 16 years ago
well it also depends if you like doing cw. i did better at cw at gcse than exams. even with alevels cw was always good. but its cos im quite lazy that i took forever to actually do them. which does at the end have a bad effect for studying for exams.

so back to statistics, i opted out of doin s3 and did d1 instead, and i was glad!
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I won't advise people to do many modules from many different block. I would advise if u do s1 and s2 stick with s3 because s1 and s2 are the building block of s3. if u can master those s3 wont be a problem. while if u start d1 u will have to start from scratch
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
DONT DO S3, IT REQUIRES COURSEWORK WHICH IS A MAJOR HEADACHE AND VERY BORING, DO D1 INSTEAD OF S3.
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u do s1 and s2 i would sincerely advise u to do s3. there isnt much work. most of the work is extensions of s2. the hypothesis tests are very similar. well if u enjoyed s2 i would certainly advise u to do s3.

some people find the project and headache. other pple like me found it quite fun. it helps u prepare for the exam as well. its 25%of the final s3 mark so if u get good marks on cw u can mess up the exam more.

its ur wish
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i did s1 and s2. i found neither of them difficlut and they followed in more progression than m1 and m2. but i sat wjec, so it may b different for your board.

love Katy ***
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (163)
15.61%
Uncertainty around my education (171)
16.38%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (101)
9.67%
Isolating with family (71)
6.8%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.74%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.62%
Loneliness (104)
9.96%
Financial worries (46)
4.41%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (95)
9.1%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.62%

Watched Threads