The Student Room Group

I want to appeal Against My DSA

Hello,

I am dyslexic and I have just finished my first year at uni, I would have liked a better grades but I didn't get the equipment I needed out of my DSA. If you were to look at my needs assessment for what I needed and compared it to what student finance offered me, you would be pissed of as I am. It was like 7 out of 20 pieces of software/equiptment one of them being an allowence of £250 for printing paper and ink for a printer I don't have and did't receive.

I would like to know if anyone can help by telling me how I appeal for more equipment I need? Do I appeal using the entitlement form on their website or is there someone I can talk to? I missed out this year and I don't want to miss out again for the next 2 years.

It would be really great if I could get this sorted before I start.

Thank you !!
So the needs assessor recommends items then student finance chooses out of that that list of what to grant a person. The 20 pieces were just a recommendation to student finance. Also in terms of printing allowance you don’t receive the money, you have you buy the items then claim it back from DSA. This is done to ensure the money is spent on printer ink and cartridges.
Original post by BoBeanie
Hello,

I am dyslexic and I have just finished my first year at uni, I would have liked a better grades but I didn't get the equipment I needed out of my DSA. If you were to look at my needs assessment for what I needed and compared it to what student finance offered me, you would be pissed of as I am. It was like 7 out of 20 pieces of software/equiptment one of them being an allowence of £250 for printing paper and ink for a printer I don't have and did't receive.

I would like to know if anyone can help by telling me how I appeal for more equipment I need? Do I appeal using the entitlement form on their website or is there someone I can talk to? I missed out this year and I don't want to miss out again for the next 2 years.

It would be really great if I could get this sorted before I start.

Thank you !!

Hi,

You can contact the DSA team directly via email - [email protected]

Regards,
Stuart

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending