Classical Civilisation AS Level Help?

Watch
acciojess
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hi!

i'm starting sixth form in september and the courses i'm doing are Classical civilisation (AQA), art history (aqa), art (ocr) and english literature (ocr).
i've noticed that online there is a lack of information for classics, and was wondering if there is anything i could do to get a head start on the course??? i know we are studying greek tragedy, the iliad, cicereo and Tiberius and Claudius.
any information would be SO helpful, because i'm really worried i will get behind on this subject.
i'm pretty nervous about starting a levels because i dont want to fall behind and i want to get a/a* in all subjects. does anyone have any tips, please!!!!?

if there is ANY useful info about any of my other courses, i would be so so grateful if you could share it!!!! thank you so much.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by acciojess)
i'm starting sixth form in september and the courses i'm doing are Classical civilisation (AQA), art history (aqa), art (ocr) and english literature (ocr).
i've noticed that online there is a lack of information for classics, and was wondering if there is anything i could do to get a head start on the course??? i know we are studying greek tragedy, the iliad, cicereo and Tiberius and Claudius.
any information would be SO helpful, because i'm really worried i will get behind on this subject.
I am fairly sure that there are no Class Civ textbooks available - the only consoling factor is that all students are in the same boat. You could have a look at the specification http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/class...ilisation-2020 and see if you can work out what plays etc you'll be studying and read up - or watch some stuff on Youtube.
Jasey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey I studied Classical Civilisation this year but out of what you mentioned i've only done The Iliad. The Iliad is very easy if you learn it well! There are short answer questions that will ask you about something directly from the text and if you've read the text over at least once you shouldn't have any trouble answering them. Honestly The Iliad is just like English Literature but a lot more simple. Also it's nice to know some critical greek terminology which your teacher will probably tell you. But overall it's a great qualification and if you have any more questions i'd be happy to answer them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (121)
62.69%
I don't have everything I need (72)
37.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed