not getting the grades on a conditional offer

Watch
kathrynmerrigan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have applied for nursing for this September and I have a conditional offer but nearIm not sure if I've got all my results to meet the offer. Has anyone got in if they didn't get the results but near to the results required? Or does anyone know anyone who this happened to?
emrys
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't speak for certain about Nursing because I study English and obviously there is a difference between courses, but my offer was AAB (with A in English) and I achieved BBC (with B in English) and I was still accepted. It's entirely possible that there was a lack of applicants to my course and it was therefore possibly less competitive - or they liked my personal statement, I don't know - but it is possible that you can be accepted without getting the results...!
samtheman18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can't speak for nursing either but I study Geography, my offer was ABB, I achieved BCD (4 grades out!) with a B in Geography and still got in. Although I don't know anyone who missed out by as many grades as I did there are plenty of people that missed out by 1, 2 or sometimes 3 grades so if you fit into that bracket there's still a good chance you'll get accepted
andyl96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Similar to emrys, I'm going to be studying English and my offer (for the IB course) was 34 points, with 6 in HL English and 17 in HL subjects, and after remarks I had 35 points, but only 5 in HL English and 16 in HL subjects, however I was still accepted. So yeah, I'm not sure on the leniency that Southampton has, but it's definitely possible to still be accepted even if you don't quite get the results that are on the offer
AlexR95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by samtheman18)
I can't speak for nursing either but I study Geography, my offer was ABB, I achieved BCD (4 grades out!) with a B in Geography and still got in. Although I don't know anyone who missed out by as many grades as I did there are plenty of people that missed out by 1, 2 or sometimes 3 grades so if you fit into that bracket there's still a good chance you'll get accepted
Was this BSc or Ba? I've applied for southampton as my firm for BSc geography and my offer was AAB!
snikutsmullac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by samtheman18)
What's the point of making offers if Universities don't abide by them then?
AlexR95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kathrynmerrigan)
I have applied for nursing for this September and I have a conditional offer but nearIm not sure if I've got all my results to meet the offer. Has anyone got in if they didn't get the results but near to the results required? Or does anyone know anyone who this happened to?
Also someone emailed them about how lenient they were about the chemistry course, on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1605180&page=2 on post 29 you can see their reply Says they should have space for people who possibly drop 1 or 2 grades! I know it's not nursing but it's something
Sena5
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Inquire with the university. That's better solution.
kathrynmerrigan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks everyone for all the help! Its calmed my worries slightly! I didn't mention that im an Irish student so i don't do gcse's or A levels. Im doing the leaving certificate and we have to do a minimum of 7 subjects but i do 8. I reckon i got most of the results required but im a bit worried about one or two of them. Thanks everyone for the info
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads