Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HI,
    I have to write a speech on work exp (and learn it!) by Tuesday, and I haven't started despite having the whole holidays (which is very stupid, I know)! Basically, it has to be 'humorous' and 'entertaining'.

I really don't know how to start it! Something quirky and funny I need, but I can't think of anything right.

And nothing very funny happened while I was working (at Virgin Megastores) - at least nothing funny which someone could laugh at while not being there at the time. SO how can I make the audience laugh?

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    anyone? please?

ReputationRep:
    Why not ask about other people's experiences at work experience? Call it research, should impress. You could do a thread in the "General" forum and collect ideas.

ReputationRep:
    it's supposed to be about mine though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    it's supposed to be about mine though
    Perhaps go on a satirical complaining tangent, full of dry humour. If it was boring, say why, make your colleagues look like idiots, nothing like typical English dry humour to make people laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Just lie.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. This sounds like the piece of oral I did for GCSE english ... Basically, as long as you speak fluently, and include some interesting details, you should be ok. If you really need something humorous to say, you could always make something up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Just lie.
    ... Or that.

Mine was about reducing the length of secondary school by one year , I surprised myself at how well reasoned it was. Fell short of an A* too!

ReputationRep:
    Keep the listener entertained, with what ever way you need them to.

ReputationRep:
    i quite like the satirical complaining idea, becuase i didn't really enjoy it.

but does anyone have a way i could start it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londongirl)
    i quite like the satirical complaining idea, becuase i didn't really enjoy it.

but does anyone have a way i could start it?
    "Work experience. What a load of tripe!"

Attention-grabber or what?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    "Work experience. What a load of tripe!"

Attention-grabber or what?!
    :rolleyes:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.