The Student Room Group

How long you should you wait after one relationship before starting another?

I have recently (6 weeks ago) split up with my boyfriend of 3 years, I am finding it okay except for being lonely at times as I'm so used to having someone to talk to all day. I have had a bit of interest off some boys but I'm not really interested just kind of speaking to them for friendship rather than anything more!

There is one boy though who I was in school with and I quite like, he asked me if I want to do something with him, I'm not sure whether it's still too soon to start hanging out with another boy yet or whether to just go for it.

Side note - my ex boyfriend is still talking to me trying to get me back, should I just ignore him??
Reply 1
You shouldn't care about what others think about your relationship. Whether you waited 5 years or 5 days to get with someone else shouldn't matter to anyone but you. But since you asked, I'd say, only wait until you feel ready to take on another relationship. Don't do it just because you miss the feeling of being able to talk to someone or having them in your arms all the time. When you're ready, go for it.
Erm it would be about a 1 year before I'd even consider dating let alone getting into a relationship, I have child though & I wouldn't be one of those mums who care more about dating than looking after their child.
Reply 3
Original post by Jesswales
I have recently (6 weeks ago) split up with my boyfriend of 3 years, I am finding it okay except for being lonely at times as I'm so used to having someone to talk to all day. I have had a bit of interest off some boys but I'm not really interested just kind of speaking to them for friendship rather than anything more!

There is one boy though who I was in school with and I quite like, he asked me if I want to do something with him, I'm not sure whether it's still too soon to start hanging out with another boy yet or whether to just go for it.

Side note - my ex boyfriend is still talking to me trying to get me back, should I just ignore him??

If you don't want to get back with your ex, make it very apparent to him so he knows that it's over. If you aren't sure, don't do anything drastic, but you should still hang out with other guys anyway.

I'd say keep your options open till you know what you want. So stay in contact with your ex if you aren't sure if you will get back or not, go and hang out with this new guy friend and get to know each other, but take it slow.

Before you know it, you'll know where you stand and what you want :smile:

But I would say the time to wait is really up to you and when you feel ready. If I felt over my ex after the 6 weeks, then I'd go for it. But it really depends when you feel ready a oppose to when others tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending