The Student Room Group

Recent Synagogue attacks in Europe

In Germany:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/german-police-detain-palestinian-teen-over-synagogue-attack-170825831.html#gk7bpfQ

Days after violent protesters attacked synagogues in Paris:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/israelgaza-conflict-synagogues-attacked-as-propalestinian-protest-in-paris-turns-violent-9604254.html

Protesters attacked two synagogues in Paris on Sunday as pro-Palestinian protests turned violent.

Worshippers barricaded themselves inside the Synagogue de la Roquette as demonstrators tried to storm the building with bats and chairs.

Police and security volunteers blocked their way and tear gas was launched to disperse the crowds.

The Synagogue de la rue des Tournelles was also targeted by a small group and several people were arrested.

Six policemen trying to hold the attackers back and two Jews were injured in the confrontation, Le Parisien reported.

Scroll to see replies

Soo sad :frown: It's not the fault of European Jews that Israel is defending itself :frown:
Its a massive shame that people can't see the difference between the country of Israel and followers of the Jewish Faith. :frown: (Not condoning any attacks on Israel btw)
I don't think this is entirely to do with Israel, I think a large part of it is directed at Jews in general and the Israel/Palestine situation is a convenient excuse to mask the blatant anti-semitism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miscounted_time
I don't think this is entirely to do with Israel, I think a large part of it is directed at Jews in general and the Israel/Palestine situation is a convenient excuse to mask the blatant anti-semitism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh definitley, where are the large scale protests against ISIS, Assad e.c.t
Original post by Skip_Snip
Soo sad :frown: It's not the fault of European Jews that Israel is defending itself :frown:

Right, so slaughtering hundreds of civilians is just a case of "defending" yourself. Nice logic there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Typical, animalistic behaviour. Lock them up and get them off welfare.
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Right, so slaughtering hundreds of civilians is just a case of "defending" yourself. Nice logic there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And keeping offensive weapons in civilian areas isn't asking for it?
Original post by DeLite
In Germany:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/german-police-detain-palestinian-teen-over-synagogue-attack-170825831.html#gk7bpfQ

Days after violent protesters attacked synagogues in Paris:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/israelgaza-conflict-synagogues-attacked-as-propalestinian-protest-in-paris-turns-violent-9604254.html

Protesters attacked two synagogues in Paris on Sunday as pro-Palestinian protests turned violent.

Worshippers barricaded themselves inside the Synagogue de la Roquette as demonstrators tried to storm the building with bats and chairs.

Police and security volunteers blocked their way and tear gas was launched to disperse the crowds.

The Synagogue de la rue des Tournelles was also targeted by a small group and several people were arrested.

Six policemen trying to hold the attackers back and two Jews were injured in the confrontation, Le Parisien reported.

Sad that some people are getting confused with Judaism and Zionism. However at the end of the day, these trouble makers will get arrested. Israel on the other hand, which has caused catastrophic damage beyond belief in Gaza, will swiftly get away with whatever terrorist attack they plan to carry out next.
Are these Germans doing this? Or Arabs/Muslims? I would any Germans would feel comfortable doing this to Jews.
Original post by Snagprophet
Are these Germans doing this? Or Arabs/Muslims? I would any Germans would feel comfortable doing this to Jews.

I have friends in France and the French people are pretty annoyed at the fact that the media is giving the impression that it's the "French people" who are carrying out these acts when the truth is it's a certain group and many of them aren't even French.
Although this doesn't represent Germany I would imagine the situation is similar but with a smattering of neo-nazis thrown in for good measure. Infact I would think it would be more embarrassing for the Germans given the history of the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I have friends in France and the French people are pretty annoyed at the fact that the media is giving the impression that it's the "French people" who are carrying out these acts when the truth is it's a certain group and many of them aren't even French.
Although this doesn't represent Germany I would imagine the situation is similar but with a smattering of neo-nazis thrown in for good measure. Infact I would think it would be more embarrassing for the Germans given the history of the country.

My understanding is that Germans are brainwashed to feel apologetic about the war. When my dad went over with a brass band, one bloke apologised for the war. I mean, what the ****? What sort of anti-Nazi propaganda (not that I agree with the Nazis) must there be to make someone apologise for something which happened before he was born, that he would've been too young to comprehend if he was born during it, and is ultimately outside of his control?

This is why I find it unlikely that this could be down to Germans. Neo-Nazis risk their lives and careers to depict swastikas, it's not as if there aren't dire consequences for that behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a French friend married to a French Jewish bloke and she stopped using her married name many years ago as it's recognisably Jewish and she was coming in for abuse from French Muslims.

She's a teacher and even the school told her not to use her married name or she'll find her car vandalised etc.

Oh, and the left wing are now complicit in anti-semitism. We're looking at the new Nazis.
Original post by Lorenzo Mancini
Typical Jews play the victim card while you commit your crimes. Turn yourselves into victims when you are the villains.

What crimes are Jews who live throughout Europe committing?
Soo sad :frown: It's not the fault of European Jews that Israel is murdering people indiscriminately :frown:

Fixed that for you.
I think it's wrong what Israel and Hamas are doing - killing innocent civilians on both sides. Nobody should choose to blame a religion. Neither Jews nor Muslims have done anything wrong here. As for people attacking the synagogues and raising tensions with Jewish communities, well that's just unacceptable.
Where is the outrage at this in the Guardian?
Original post by Lady Comstock
Where is the outrage at this in the Guardian?

The same Guardian that a couple of years ago had to reluctantly issue a long-overdue apology for some of their journalists using language that "strayed into anti-semitism"

The left wing are the new anti-semites.

Horrible people.
Original post by Lorenzo Mancini
Typical Jews play the victim card while you commit your crimes. Turn yourselves into victims when you are the villains.

Oh do **** off.

Yes, building settlements illegally is Israel defending itself. Sure. The logic makes no sense. Invade, plunder, pillage, destroy towns and cities, rename town and cities, destroy monuments,...never has going on the offensive and ethnically cleansing a country been considered "defending." I'm sure cutting off water and food supplies is an act of defence too. There must be a reason because Israel would never commit war crimes. Never

The OP is sad and just fuels Jewish extremism (Zionism) further.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending