The Student Room Group

The mainstream internet fitness fad has ruined lifting

Come in here if you know these feels
YOLO
Cannot relate.
Reply 3
depends...i'd say cardio is needed more because of obesity.
Reply 4
I don't understand the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed OP.
If you mean that physique class and bikini class are taking over, I agree.

Go to any UKBFF show now and the amount of physique and bikini competitors that enter is ridiculous.

IMO they should have their own show, and not he paired with bodybuilding. Let's face it; they are easy classes. Anyone can walk onto a physique / bikini stage after a short amount of time in the game. No chance with bodybuilding- years upon years of sacrifice.

However, that is what's popular nowadays. I fear in the future hardcore bodybuilding will die out

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's wrong bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DoYouEvenLift + zyzz era.

I think every gym had a small subculture of dick-heads, but through the use of the internet through youtube/forums/instagram they have managed to spread their message, from the way they talk in the gym/ act in the gym/ dress in the gym.
Reply 9
OK, so some Website or Youtube video physically steals your weight, your car, all money you have to catch a bus/train to get the gym, and your gym membership....er...you cannot IGNORE these videos or people?
In 2006 I bought my first pair of Vibram Five Fingers. In 2007 I read Starting Strength, came across Crossfit and ran the Paleo diet with intermittent fasting for the summer. I like to think I keep ahead of the curve on fitness fads, but honestly I see no difference in the type of stuff going on in typical gyms since then. None. So I too can't relate to what you're saying.
I don't understand the premise of the thread at all.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I don't understand the premise of the thread at all.

this
Original post by kimolozen
OK, so some Website or Youtube video physically steals your weight, your car, all money you have to catch a bus/train to get the gym, and your gym membership....er...you cannot IGNORE these videos or people?

Wat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

I think what he meant to say was that if some Website or Youtube video physically steals your weight, your car, all money you have to catch a bus/train to get the gym, and your gym membership....er...you cannot IGNORE these videos or people?

Quick Reply

Latest