The Student Room Group

Ucas and results help

Okay basically im going to be on holiday in a different country when the a-level results come out, and im wondering what do i need with me, and is there anything that i will need to do on the day of results?

the only things i could think off are:

im planning on getting a friend to send me my results from college on the day, and ill also have a look on ucas track to see if iv got in or not.
ill also book accommodation for uni online, as well as entering my student finance details as well.
is there anything else i need to do? or forgot? I heard on results day if you get into your uni, you get sent an AS12 or something form which you have to follow the instructions on, will me being on holiday affect any of this? can this form be sent to my email?

p.s. iv heard that ucas track opens on the day of results form like 8;30 or something, does that mean if i login at 8;30 i can see if iv gotten in? or does 8;30 mean you can login at 8;30 but you cant see your results yet?

Thanks.
Speak to your college about collecting your results, they'll probably refuse to give your results to a friend.
Reply 2
Original post by mynameisntdoug
Speak to your college about collecting your results, they'll probably refuse to give your results to a friend.

no no, iv already asked about that, and they said its fine as long as i give a signed letter to him from me.

My main question is, is there anything else i need? or need to do?
Original post by ramo55
no no, iv already asked about that, and they said its fine as long as i give a signed letter to him from me.

My main question is, is there anything else i need? or need to do?

Probably not then, as long as you check Track throughout the day and your mate can collect your results. Just enjoy your holiday :smile:

The confirmation letter will ask you to confirm your place, but not all universities send them. You can contact your first choice and ask them if they require it and explain your situation, they can probably confirm you on the phone. But not all universities have these confirmation letters, once you get your results that confirms you with most. You can contact them now and ask them if it's required.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by mynameisntdoug
Probably not then, as long as you check Track throughout the day and your mate can collect your results. Just enjoy your holiday :smile:

The confirmation letter will ask you to confirm your place, but not all universities send them. You can contact your first choice and ask them if they require it and explain your situation, they can probably confirm you on the phone. But not all universities have these confirmation letters, once you get your results that confirms you with most. You can contact them now and ask them if it's required.

ohh okay, well thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending