Accommodation for international students Watch

grosseban
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I've seen that you're not guaranteed accommodation if Kent is your insurance choice but I thought that all the universities had to provide you accommodation in your first year in uni.
In addition to that I'm an international student and was wondering if the University of Kent car really leave international students without an accommodation..
University of Kent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dear Grosseban,

The university of Kent has recently added additional accommodation, meaning we hope to accommodate those students who apply for accommodation for their first year. However we only strictly guarantee accommodation to those who have made us firm choice and applied for accommodation before 31 July.

This does not mean that there is not accommodation for everyone else, just that it is down to availability. Universities are not obliged to provide first year students accommodation, but many do strive to accommodate as many as possible. If you have not already applied, I urge you to as soon as possible, as this will give you the best chance to get the accommodation your are looking for.

We do attempt to accommodate any international students we can, but the university is under no obligations if you do not make an application in a timely manner. In the very unlikely case that we would not be able to accommodate a student on campus for the first year, there is support available to help you find a room off campus.

Kind regards,

Aaron

Recruitment & Marketing

(Original post by grosseban)
So I've seen that you're not guaranteed accommodation if Kent is your insurance choice but I thought that all the universities had to provide you accommodation in your first year in uni.
In addition to that I'm an international student and was wondering if the University of Kent car really leave international students without an accommodation..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads