The Student Room Group

Hey guys I just did my gcse.

Can my friend get a good grade in core science even without doing the coursework??
Original post by Kika**
Can my friend get a good grade in core science even without doing the coursework??

Well if you're with AQA, the coursework (ISA) is worth a quarter of the overall grade which can make a huge difference. Why hasn't your friend completed it?
Reply 2
Original post by Thinedivine
Well if you're with AQA, the coursework (ISA) is worth a quarter of the overall grade which can make a huge difference. Why hasn't your friend completed it?

Well she's new , she came late , in year 11 and I don't think her teacher told her to do it. Her exam bord was ocr
Reply 3
I suspect you can still get quite a good grade but a good ISA will really help on final grade. Which is why my school made us redo them so we all got A*s in the ISAs.
Reply 4
Original post by Kika**

Without the controlled assessment the best she can get is a B, but even that will require nearly full marks on the rest of it.
Original post by Kika**
Well she's new , she came late , in year 11 and I don't think her teacher told her to do it. Her exam bord was ocr

Oh, okay I'm not sure then. I think it would be unfair for them to give her 0 since obviously it wasn't her fault for joining the year late! Maybe the exam board will let her do the coursework later but I'm not sure cause usually the deadline would have been a while ago.
Reply 6
Original post by Thinedivine
Oh, okay I'm not sure then. I think it would be unfair for them to give her 0 since obviously it wasn't her fault for joining the year late! Maybe the exam board will let her do the coursework later but I'm not sure cause usually the deadline would have been a while ago.

The deadline for submitting controlled assessment was 15 May, if it hasn't been done then she will get 0.
Original post by Compost
The deadline for submitting controlled assessment was 15 May, if it hasn't been done then she will get 0.

Oh okay that sucks. I didn't know, I'm with a different exam board, that will massively affect the grade. :/

Quick Reply

Latest