The Student Room Group

Conditional offer to study aeronautical and aerospace engineering at Leeds university

Hi,

I've completed my A level exams, in maths further maths and physics. I received an offer of AAA (I think it was an A in physics and maths).

Basically I am quite bad at all of the wish wash physics about theories and crap so I am looking at a B/C for it.

Maths is looking like an A* I hope touch wood! And further maths is going to be an A (having done FP1,2, and 3 and up to and including M3 it was gruelling to say the least).

I asked at the interview if A*AB would get me in and they said yes, however that was with physics at A and maths A* and f maths B.

As further maths is renowned as the hardest a level and for me it included a lot of mechanics, should I be okay with A* in maths, A in further maths, and B/C in physics?? I really want to go to Leeds! I also have a considerable amount of work experience in the engineering sector and achieved 8 A*s, 4 As and a C at GCSE. I did EPQ to a grade B/C as well in my second year. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Also I've been enjoying my summer so far, recently got back from a week in Ibiza with the lads, going to gran canaria after results with family and want to go to bestival! Had a job as a barman in my final year of A level however have recently left to chill this holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Bump
As ever, no one knows. If you get A*AB then technically you have failed to meet your offer and if the course is full up then you will be rejected. If there are places available then the admissions dept will look at near-misses such as yourself and decide whether to accept or reject them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending