The Student Room Group

College entrance exams

I just applied to a couple of a level colleges in the UK and I'm gonna do the entrance exams in November. I chose to do history and maths as the entrance exams. Is there anyone who know how entrance exams are? Has anyone done it before? What should I study? How do I prepare myself? Thank you' !
Reply 1
The entrance exam for maths will likely be asking primarily A* GCSE questions, with a few curveballs that you have to think about thrown in. So be sure to be up to scratch on your maths skills.

History will likely be essay-based, and will almost certainly ask you to critique how reliable sources are. So be sure to know the correct terminology (primary and secondary sources, for example).
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
The entrance exam for maths will likely be asking primarily A* GCSE questions, with a few curveballs that you have to think about thrown in. So be sure to be up to scratch on your maths skills.

History will likely be essay-based, and will almost certainly ask you to critique how reliable sources are. So be sure to know the correct terminology (primary and secondary sources, for example).

I'm so screwed. I am gonna work on my maths skills now haha, thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest