The Student Room Group

Why have student finance not mentioned my maintenance grant?

I got sent a letter a few weeks ago telling me how much money I'd get in terms of a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan. However, there's nothing there about my maintenance grant? I'm sure I applied for it too. Is this normal or should I call them?
Maybe you're not eligible.
Original post by Magenta96
I got sent a letter a few weeks ago telling me how much money I'd get in terms of a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan. However, there's nothing there about my maintenance grant? I'm sure I applied for it too. Is this normal or should I call them?

How about you call them? LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
yeah I'm going to call them thanks
Log into the student finance England website and you will be able to check the status of your payments. I didn't get any written notification about my loan having be organised, but payments have been scheduled as they should be when I looked on the website.
Reply 5
Original post by BlackMagicV
Log into the student finance England website and you will be able to check the status of your payments. I didn't get any written notification about my loan having be organised, but payments have been scheduled as they should be when I looked on the website.

yeah exactly this confused me because when I log onto the website, it talks about payments in the form of a 'supplementary grant' being made, so I assumed this was the maintenance grant, but then again there's no mention of it in paper form. Confusing.
Original post by BlackMagicV

Does it say on SFE's website when your payments will come? It's said in other years on mine but now they've changed the layout I can't find when my payments will be.

Oh, no. I've found it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Does it say on SFE's website when your payments will come? It's said in other years on mine but now they've changed the layout I can't find when my payments will be.

Oh, no. I've found it.

Do you know if the maintenance grant is the same as the supplementary grant? Mine talks about payments in the form of a supplementary grant.
Do you know if the maintenance grant is the same as the supplementary grant? Mine talks about payments in the form of a supplementary grant.

I think it's the same thing. Is it due to come in on the same day as the maintenance loan?
Reply 9
I think it's the same thing. Is it due to come in on the same day as the maintenance loan?

yes, so it is the maintenance grant then?
yes, so it is the maintenance grant then?

I think so. I've got quite a few 'supplementary grants' for first year but I think some of them were from DSAs. I think the rest were the maintenance grant though.
Reply 11
I think so. I've got quite a few 'supplementary grants' for first year but I think some of them were from DSAs. I think the rest were the maintenance grant though.

oh okay, hopefully the supplementary grant is my maintenance grant then. I'll ask student finance when I call them anyway. Thanks for your help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending